• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

[Spell] Consecration

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
Heya guys!

I was wondering how to make the WoW like ability Consecration - http://www.wowwiki.com/Consecration . Its easy to be made with the object editor by editing the Flame Strike ability, but the problem is that I need it to deal damage based on Strength of the hero per second - that's why i need it triggered. Can anyone make this easy thing for meh? :goblin_good_job:

[Info] I tried to make it but when an enemy unit stepped on the Holy ground (I mean - Target Point Ability Being Cast), it laggs like hell

Last edited:
Level 5
darkzxx, I know how to make the spell to deal damage based on stats, omg :D The problem is with the spell that it laggs when an enemy unit steps on the fire ground ... Please help, I really need this spell

Level 33
For the damage base on STR, you should not base your spell as Flame Strike (well unless you have its damage dealt to 0 for all damages) because that would interrupt the damage dealt to unit via Trigger Editor and via Object Editor

For the lagging part, I think you have leak in your trigger, you should follow dark's link suggestion to learn about how to clear leak (for better and efficient non-lagging trigger)

Level 17
you could do it with hashtables

add all units within spell radius to unit group, and save the caster in their id in a hashtable.

in second trigger u say:

every 1 second of game time

pick every unit that is in the created unit group in first trigger

if unit has dps buff

then u load the id in hashtable and ull get the caster, then say damage picked unit .. blablabla str x 5

else remove unit from unit group

Level 5
Now I moved it to another map and I was surprised - the lag was reduced (maybe cuz there is no dmg system in the empty map, idk), but still laggs really like hell !!! Just cast it on place where are many enemies and see the result :( Maybe i didnt make smthing right with the memory leaks ?!?

[Info] Imma trying to do the same thing with the Bladestorm - Strenght based, but if I got the Consecration, it would be easy to make the Bladestorm too :p

Attachments

• Consecration.w3x
    12 KB · Views: 69
Level 11
i think this is what is happening with your triggers
every one second there is a leak at the location
so the third trigger only kills one but there are 10....
so basically i spamed destroy group which i think doesnt work

i tested and it seems it does lag after you casted it once but after it it becomes fine or so i think

try \/\/\/\/

Attachments

• Consecration[1].w3x
    12.4 KB · Views: 70
Level 5
TY! :D It worked perfectly, there is just one more problem, now i dont know how to add flaming ground (effect for 10 seconds) to the Channel based ability, I mean it burns their hp down, but i cnt see the burning ground :(

Status
Not open for further replies.