• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Consecration spell

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
I've been lurking around here for the past month and messing around with the WE, I don't intend to release a map of any sort, its mostly for my own amusement. I'm trying to figure out how I can make a consecration spell, the Paladin ability from WoW. I'd rather keep it simple, as in no triggers in any of my spells so they might sound boring to other people but its enough for me so far.

I tried making a spell based off thunder clap but having it be able to auto cast every couple seconds for small amounts of damage but its not quite working out so well. If someone could help me make this spell that would be awesome. I've checked out the tutorial on making any ability be auto cast but I'm not that far into using triggers yet. Could someone help me out and make me what I'm talking about as most simple as they can?

Level 10
Indeed I need this spell too :).

Paladin Spell: Consecration:

Spell_holy_innerfire.png

Description: Consecrates the land beneath the Paladin, doing xx per second Holy damage over 8 sec to enemies who enter the area.

More info & Pictures: http://www.wowhead.com/spell=27173

Level 37
You can't do this without triggers.

Create a dummy unit, then every second, pick all units within range of the dummy and damage them. Use the casting unit to deal the damage.

This should be quick to trigger.

So it's instant (not channeled), does it move with the caster?

Level 1
Thanks for the input, I didn't think to describe the spell in the original post. I'll try it with triggers and see how it goes. I was hoping for an autocast spell that did no target, aoe damage like thunderclap instead of having it last a specified time.

Status
Not open for further replies.