• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece!🔗 Click here to enter!

Connecting Problem?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 20
Hello...

I don't know if this is supposed to be in this forum but I have been experiencing this for more than a month now and I need to get it out:

Am I the only one that has trouble connecting to the Hive at some times?
Because at some times of the day I have to refresh4 my browser before I am able to connect... and I'm pretty sure I have a fairly stable internet connection.

If this is a problem with the site, I hope it gets fixed.

If other users have this problem, please do tell me too.

Thanks for reading this.

Level 20
Is that about hiveworkshop is being back-up?..

What does it says when you can't connect to the hiveworkshop?..

No... in my location I know the time when the Hive is backed-up...

Usually it says when I can't connect are the usual:
-Google Chrome can't connect...
- This webpage is not available
- There is a third one that I forgot...

Normally these are the ones that appear.

Level 6
Hello...

I don't know if this is supposed to be in this forum but I have been experiencing this for more than a month now and I need to get it out:

Am I the only one that has trouble connecting to the Hive at some times?
Because at some times of the day I have to refresh4 my browser before I am able to connect... and I'm pretty sure I have a fairly stable internet connection.

If this is a problem with the site, I hope it gets fixed.

If other users have this problem, please do tell me too.

Thanks for reading this.

i experience that too..
many times..
for me, its the internet connection.. not the site.. i experience that everyday.. haha! :ogre_haosis:

Level 14
My internet connection sucks a lot and every 10-15 minutes it goes down for 3 seconds.
It does not disturb me while a play an online game just when I browse through the internet.
But I'm ok with that.
I think this is not cause by my coputer but it has to do with the modem.
May it's the same for ya.

Level 16
I'd like to report having the same experience too. I'm also from the Phil.

There are times when I wouldn't be able to simply visit a page on the hive, even if my internet connection is Excellent, and these events happen for about around 5 minutes to a whole hour(lasted 2 hours once), occurring every once in a while. And no, these 'events' do not happen around the time that the Hive gets Backed Up.

It's been getting in the way of when I upload some models. It's a small problem, but it gets really annoying.

If you do find a way of identifying this problem, I hope you guys find a solution for it.
~More power to the Hive Staff!

Roland

R

Roland

That's kinda strange, I think the Hiveworkshop's Slow connection due to Internet server traffic or Some strange issues happening in this site..

I see, sorry, I thought there was a server issue with that, should have been informed sooner, many people was shocked when the maintenance occur.

Strangely, from what I can see so far, people with connection issue are mostly from Phillippines, which makes me curious, I haven't see any strange issue about connection at all for me.

Level 28
So why are you guys getting so worked up about 30-60mins downtime/caching/dns changes/whatever?
You should be worrying when there's no response for days and you can't even ping the server.
It's not like the maps magically run away if the site is down for a short period of time, right?

Level 16
You're forgetting that SOME of us can't even upload models because of this problem.

And I do think it's best we start worrying about THIS NOW, rather than to wait for
...when there's no response for days and you can't even ping the server...
Think about that.

Plus, Ralle can't even identify what's causing the problem here, that makes this situation a lot worse.

Poop's getting serious.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.