1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. We have recently started the 16th edition of the Mini Mapping Contest. The theme is mini RPG. Do check it out and have fun.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Dismiss Notice
  5. The Highway to Hell has been laid open. Come along and participate in the 5th Special Effect Contest.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

[General] Confused about Unit Collision Sizes

Discussion in 'World Editor Help Zone' started by Ether, Jun 11, 2018.

1. Ether

Ether

Resources:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    I wish I could see an illustrative or drawn principle of this "Unit Collision Sizes". Because playing values from 20-200 really takes a lot of time and units kinda pass each other.

What I want to happen is to make realistic units that do not pass each other. :)
    Kinda need a help around here.

2. DracoL1ch

DracoL1ch

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    [​IMG]
    thats 24 collision size on selected unit
    collision size 8 would be 1 smallest cell
    [​IMG]
    thats 32 collision (3x3 smallest cells)
    and finally 48 collision size covers 4x4
    [​IMG]

Any bigger collision will not affect pathing, its limited to be 1x1 or 4x4 from both sides. But it will affect other effects, like enemies can stand further for attack because "edge-2-edge" compare where collision size adds up. So, with attack range 700 and collision 100 your effective attack range is the same as for a unit with 800 attack range and 0 collision size.

3. Ether

Ether

Resources:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    Thanks, Dracolich :)

4. yram44

yram44

Resources:
    Resources:
  5. Kaijyuu

Kaijyuu

Resources:
    Resources:
    Looks to me like they hacked the world editor's pathing grid into the regular game.

6. DracoL1ch

DracoL1ch

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    dats memehack, you can't do it at home