• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Confused about importing models (and wc3 RoC/TFT)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
I'm slighly confused about importing models.
I have frozen throne but my friend does not, when I import a model into a map, It does not count as a frozen-throne-only map, It still counts as a normal warcraft 3 map.
If I create a game on Battle-Net for normal Warcraft 3, will the models not work?

Level 7
The models will still function correctly, as the map still contains model data and graphics needed to create the model's visual effect.

However, make sure you've imported the model correctly; have you pathed all the skins (.blp files) and models (.mdx/.mdl files) to the correct pathing listed on the webage you downloaded it from? If not, then the models will not work.

But, other than that, the models will work.

Level 19
Models should work
Because:
When compiling map models go inside map
When wc3 reading a map it acts like files inside map are files inside mpq so it reads like they are its own files
So it should see your models as default wc3 models and read them correctly

This is not %100 correct but its something like this

Status
Not open for further replies.