• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Configuring Weapons/Armor skin/display

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Hi, I want to know how you would change the looks of the sword a footman is carrying or the armor he's wearing.

For example, a person can choose between two types of a footman: a longsword or a phalanx. The longsword will obviously have a longsword along with a medium-sized shield. The phalanx will instead have a spear with a very large shield. Both will be a configured figure of the footman.

Is changing such things called modelling? I just didn't know where to go to ask this...and if it is modelling, what software/programs are needed to do effective modelling?

Thanks in advance!

Level 9
Well you need to download the sword you want from the model archives, then attatch if via an item ability, so that when you pick up an item it has an ability with the target attatchments of 'hand,left/right'. These can be found in the unit, ability and item tabs of the world editor in the object editor (the symbol that looks like a knight helmet).

Level 3
Ok, that makes sense. I've got the attachment problem figured out now. How do you get to those model archives, so that I can configure how the weapons/armor looks?

Status
Not open for further replies.