• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Computer AI -not Melee map- Units do not move or return-Help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Okay, I know this has been asked but, I'm not sure people understand the question so, here it goes...

1: I am making a map with the "Reign of Chaos" map editor NOT "The Frozen Throne" I have both but, want this to be a RoC map only.

2: I need "Neutral Hostile" aka Computer Units to "Move" from point to point "without" Returning.

3: I have used "Order Unit to (Move) to point (point1,2,3,4,5,etc.)" and "Wait ((Euclidean Distance between (Ordered Unit) to (point 1,2,3,4,5,etc.)) / (Default Speed of (Ordered Unit)))* Seconds".

4: I have also used "AI - Ignore Unit Guard Positions for (Neutral Hostile)"

5: I have put on "Melee Game - Run AI Script for Computer Players" and "AI - Start Melee Script ('mapnane'.ai)" and "AI - Start Campaign Script ('mapnane'.ai)" seperately and together in every possible combination.

And yet, the Units either Don't Move or Move then Return to Original Position. :x

Please help me by telling me Step-by-step how to fix this so the Units move from point to point and NOT return and, finally get to their destination? :D

Thank you in advance, :)
dpcb aka KrackenX.

*This is a simple Physics formulea which states:
Distance divided by Speed equals Time. :wink:

Level 9
Sorry mate, this is impossible.

There is a bug in the warcraft 3 engine, it just won't, in any way, make the neutrals move somewhere, and stay.

they will always run/fly back

Only way to fix this is to use a player slot as computer ai.

Level 3
Thank you, I'll try that :)

Angelusz said:
Sorry mate, this is impossible.

There is a bug in the warcraft 3 engine, it just won't, in any way, make the neutrals move somewhere, and stay.

they will always run/fly back

Only way to fix this is to use a player slot as computer ai.

I knew it had to not be something I was doing wrong but, never knew what it could be, thank you very much. :D

You are the best! 8)

Would using, Neutral Passive/Neutral Victim/Neutral Etc, cause the same bug?

Thank you,
dpcb

Status
Not open for further replies.