• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Computer Controlled Players (AI)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
hey peeps time for another mind boggling question for you :)

Ok i know this should be placed in the AI Forum but A) no one that replies ever makes sense
B) 1 Person who does reply say he'll program it for you (but i want to do it myself so i can learn :D )

Ok what i want to do is, i have custom units made i did all the ai importing and setting up waves and the condition for those waves, however when i run the game and with a trigger to run the AI it doesn't do anything until i attack the base then it makes a load of units which it then sends after the attackers (which is fine). but then those units run back to base and dont move again afterwards, so is there a way to write effective custom AI on a map using custom units and is not a melee map? (i.e alterred melee)

Level 6
i haven't done ai myself, but i take a look into it.
I would recommend you, to look into the two sample AI that come along with WC3 (made by blizzard themselves)

And to me it sounds like it only does about the most default behaviour of any Ai...
Are you shure, you told it to build and that you set up the attack waves the right way?

sry if i'm not much of a help, i have not yet done any AI-creation...

Level 5
I'm 100% sure to the best of my knowledge, in my map there are no other buildings then your main one, which produces troops, all i want the comp players to do is make waves of different men and send them at different intervals to attack. I did open up some of the wc3 ai and it didn't really help alot. i have my condions for attacking when food reaches 30, and to build when food is 0, in which im well and truely stumped.

Level 5
i could but that would not be programming ai as such, plus things have to be built first to use up the food but i want the computer to act independantly and different each time (hence the term AI). Plz don't reply if you don't actaully know or if you think you know but dont know how to actaully do it. i mean this in the nicest posible way :D
its just frustrating when you get an answer which doesn't tell you anything :(

Status
Not open for further replies.