• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Complete noob trying to add Abyss tiles.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Im messing around in world editor and im trying to get the abyss tiles to work.
As you can see here http://i.imgur.com/iMHqg6Q.jpg it wont allow me to add the abyss tile. And i dont want to change my tileset to outland cause the cliffs look messed up then.

Any help is welcome...

Level 32
You'll need Jass NewGen Pack [Official] to bypass tile limits.

I think abyss tiles work well when it's surrounding something or are almost fully, as if it's eating away the land. It's a more natural looking dark tile, so it'd be good to make it less straight in some areas, especially the bottom bordering the grass.

It usually doesn't blend well with other flat tiles, especially flat grass. Add some depth / height to the natural areas, and the abyss areas will like like scary abyss from below.

Last edited:
Level 2
You'll need Jass NewGen Pack [Official] to bypass tile limits.

I think abyss tiles work well when it's surrounding something fully are almost fully, as if it's eating away the land. It's a more natural looking dark tile, so it'd be good to make it less straight in some areas, especially the bottom bordering the grass.

It usually doesn't blend well with other flat tiles, especially flat grass. Add some depth / height to the natural areas, and the abyss areas will like like scary abyss from below.
I already have Jass 2.0. Or what its called. Is that not enough?
Also the limit isnt the issue, i have enough space for it. But still dont let me use it.

fladdermasken

Off-Topic Moderator
Level 39
That it's marked in red means that it's a cliff tile. And as the note says, "Cliff tiles (red) may not be added, removed, or replaced."

You have to go under Cliff Base Tiles - Group 3 on the Additional Textures dropdown menu to get a version of abyss that you can use.

Status
Not open for further replies.