• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[JASS] compile error

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Before anyone asks. I don't understand anything of JASS, and i won't learn it soon anyways.
But im using Jass in my Map I'm working on since November 2004
I'm not really enthusiastic(sry for spelling) on this and made some breaks of about 15 months in total, so most of the time i spend on my map was used to refresh triggers not working anymore and thinking about what was next to include.

So now it is the time to work on it for some weeks again.
I copied my Warcraft3 folder on a new PC with all custom stuff i had and started working on the map with WEU, but now i added a new custom unit to the maps Unit pool and get compile errors saving it.

(The error messages are german, "Fehler" means error)

Somehow the editor requests a name.
I post the code of half of the errors here as this half is all from one spell (arcane pyramid I downloaded from wc3search).
There are also other errors but I don't want to post them all here.

call AddLightningLoc( Fehler, PolarProjectionBJ(udg_Arcane_Pyramid_Point[GetConvertedPlayerId(GetItemPlayer(GetLastCreatedItem()))], 350.00, 225.00), PolarProjectionBJ(udg_Arcane_Pyramid_Point[GetConvertedPlayerId(GetOwningPlayer(GetTriggerUnit()))], 350.00, 315.00) )
set udg_Arcane_Pyramid_Lightning[( 16 + GetConvertedPlayerId(GetOwningPlayer(GetTriggerUnit())) )] = GetLastCreatedLightningBJ()
call AddLightningLoc( Fehler, PolarProjectionBJ(udg_Arcane_Pyramid_Point[GetConvertedPlayerId(GetItemPlayer(GetLastCreatedItem()))], 350.00, 315.00), PolarProjectionBJ(udg_Arcane_Pyramid_Point[GetConvertedPlayerId(GetOwningPlayer(GetTriggerUnit()))], 350.00, 45.00) )
set udg_Arcane_Pyramid_Lightning[( 24 + GetConvertedPlayerId(GetOwningPlayer(GetTriggerUnit())) )] = GetLastCreatedLightningBJ()
call AddLightningLoc( Fehler, PolarProjectionBJ(udg_Arcane_Pyramid_Point[GetConvertedPlayerId(GetItemPlayer(GetLastCreatedItem()))], 350.00, 45.00), udg_Arcane_Pyramid_Point[GetConvertedPlayerId(GetOwningPlayer(GetTriggerUnit()))] )
set udg_Arcane_Pyramid_Lightning[( 32 + GetConvertedPlayerId(GetOwningPlayer(GetTriggerUnit())) )] = GetLastCreatedLightningBJ()
call AddLightningLoc( Fehler, PolarProjectionBJ(udg_Arcane_Pyramid_Point[GetConvertedPlayerId(GetItemPlayer(GetLastCreatedItem()))], 350.00, 135.00), udg_Arcane_Pyramid_Point[GetConvertedPlayerId(GetOwningPlayer(GetTriggerUnit()))] )
set udg_Arcane_Pyramid_Lightning[( 40 + GetConvertedPlayerId(GetOwningPlayer(GetTriggerUnit())) )] = GetLastCreatedLightningBJ()
call AddLightningLoc( Fehler, PolarProjectionBJ(udg_Arcane_Pyramid_Point[GetConvertedPlayerId(GetItemPlayer(GetLastCreatedItem()))], 350.00, 225.00), udg_Arcane_Pyramid_Point[GetConvertedPlayerId(GetOwningPlayer(GetTriggerUnit()))] )
set udg_Arcane_Pyramid_Lightning[( 48 + GetConvertedPlayerId(GetOwningPlayer(GetTriggerUnit())) )] = GetLastCreatedLightningBJ()
call AddLightningLoc( Fehler, PolarProjectionBJ(udg_Arcane_Pyramid_Point[GetConvertedPlayerId(GetItemPlayer(GetLastCreatedItem()))], 350.00, 315.00), udg_Arcane_Pyramid_Point[GetConvertedPlayerId(GetOwningPlayer(GetTriggerUnit()))] )
set udg_Arcane_Pyramid_Lightning[( 56 + GetConvertedPlayerId(GetOwningPlayer(GetTriggerUnit())) )] = GetLastCreatedLightningBJ()

If you need any tags or infos or this is the wrong forum for this question please tell me, i didn't play warcraft for nearly a half year now and I never posted in this forum on no matter what site.

( I would add pictures of the errors but
the pic would be 2 big.... life is hard -.-)

ty mfg

Level 19
Uhm... That is just a trigger that has been converted to custom text, with no stuff of JASS.
But anyway, are u missing an unit maybe?
U shouldn't have edit your triggers to custom text if u don't know much about JASS, that made more sense ..
Actualy I also don't have enough information, are u using the World editor Unlimited ? Well bad luck then, that program can cause errors.
I hope u have a backup somewhere ...
~-Fl4meS

Level 3
i have more than 10 map versions in different stadiums.. and i never edited this trigger or any else.

somehow the first new unit i create overwrites the unit needed for the trigger.
And yes i use worldeditor unlimited, it is the best editor i know (i cant use this freeware editor umswe or something).

Well thanks, i think i just delete this spell, still got no hero for it^^

Level 11
The function 'AddLightningLoc()' needs a string first in the brackets, then two locations (points). Where it writes "Fehler", it needs the lightning's raw code!
Kinda like this:

call AddLightningLoc("DRAL", PolarProjectionBJ(udg_Arcane_Pyramid_Point[GetConvertedPlayerId(GetItemPlayer(GetLastCreatedI tem()))], 350.00, 225.00), PolarProjectionBJ(udg_Arcane_Pyramid_Point[GetConvertedPlayerId(GetOwningPlayer(GetTriggerUni t()))], 350.00, 315.00) )

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.