• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Combat Zone

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 24
Welcome to the thread of
Combat Zone
which was developed for the Speed Mapping Contest #1 at hiveworkshop.com

You can find the contests thread here.
You can find the map here.

After making this map I saw that it still has a lot of potential which I haven't fully used yet. So I decided to post a thread here, explaining the map, giving it for download and to ask for more suggestions, ideas and improvements because I ran out of ideas.

This map is a multiplayer map for up to 10 players with a maximum of 5 in each of the teams. It features kind of a modern combat with weapons like a Shotgun or Grenade Launcher. At the moment there are two classes:
-the Tank
-the Scout
Both have different weapons and attitudes.
The aim of the game is to get 25 kills. After that a new round begins.
attachment.php

-new modes
-new classes
-new abilities
-systems to add
-others
attachment.php

The Tank:
life: 1000
armor: 5
movement speed: medium
skills:

attachment.php
attachment.php

attachment.php
attachment.php

attachment.php

The Scout:
life: 600
armor: 2
movement speed: fast
skills:
attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Ok, plz give me more suggestions and maybe play a mp game with this map. Tell me about bugs and more.

Last edited:
Level 17
While the idea isn't original (I've seen several maps which work like this), it has great potential. I would suggest the following;

*Add some more abilities like jumping or such (you can find some good jump abilities in the 'spells' section).
*While a mirrored a map is often more balanced, a bit more natural would make it more fun I think. Also, spice the map up.
*Could you add AI? It's more easy that way to get a fullhouse.

ps: Good job on the filesize!

Status
Not open for further replies.