• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Combat System

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 10
I'm working on it though I need some more precision, do you want it to be a 1v1, 1v2, 1v3 or more? Where the combat takes place (in an isolated area made for that purpose or in the playable are itself)?
When does the combat starts/how enemies are confronted (like final fantasy/pokemon, you meet an enemy in the playable are and then a "fight scene" pops up and you start fighting)?

Last edited:
I'm working on it though I need some more precision, do you want it to be a 1v1, 1v2, 1v3 or more?

When u meet 1 enemy, 1v1, when u meet 2 enemies, 1v2, etc
Max number of enemies that u meet is 4.

Where the combat takes place (in an isolated area made for that purpose or in the playable are itself)?

In the playable area.

When does the combat starts/how enemies are confronted (like final fantasy/pokemon, you meet an enemy in the playable are and then a "fight scene" pops up and you start fighting)?

Yes, like in final fantasy\pokemon.

And thx very much, i'll be glad if u do this! :)

Level 10
When u meet 1 enemy, 1v1, when u meet 2 enemies, 1v2, etc
Max number of enemies that u meet is 4.

When you meet an enemy, do you want it to be like final fantasy when sometimes you meet only 1 monster but 3 show up in fight scene?

In the playable area.

So not like Final fantasy where the fight scene are isolated from the map, you want to see the fight where the hero actually meets the monster(s)

Last edited:
When you meet an enemy, do you want it to be like final fantasy when sometimes you meet only 1 monster but 3 show up in fight scene?

Yeah.

So not like Final fantasy where the fight scene are isolated from the map, you want to see the fight where the hero actually meets the monster(s)

Yes.

Thx again! Now it works properly!
Only one thing: Can u pls add this?
-If many enemies, less chance to escape, if few, more chance to escape
-If enemy is weak, more chance to escape, if enemy is strong, less chance to escape
-If enemy is ''ancient'' type(boss), hero can't escape

Level 10
This is a cool system, u should work on making it MUI ;O

Thx ThisPOT but I don't think a lot of people will use it...
Though if someone requests it I'll surely work on it.

Thx again! Now it works properly!
Only one thing: Can u pls add this?
-If many enemies, less chance to escape, if few, more chance to escape
-If enemy is weak, more chance to escape, if enemy is strong, less chance to escape
-If enemy is ''ancient'' type(boss), hero can't escape

There you go: View attachment CombatSystem_v1.4.w3x

Level 10
It has a bug.

Unfortunately this replay isn't working since the "WorldEditTestMap" it is supposed to open doesn't match the version 1.4. Can you make another replay with a non-edited version of the map or send me the version you edited.

if in Sin'dorei300's replay doesn't consist of this bug, then you might want to know this bug :

when i use Starfall, the gnoll on the corner didn't get damaged by the starfall, therefore the casting didn't get stopped.

Casted spells don't stop after units are damaged or channeling spells would stop immediately after any target takes damage. Spells actually stops by themselves (without any trigger functions) after their normal casting duration. The starfall ability has a quite long duration, are you sure you waited enough? I added basic spells to the hero to show that any spell would work by itself without any trigger edit.
Now if the gnolls weren't damaged, I must say I don't understand because damage isn't triggered. I only show the damage taken with floating texts.

Status
Not open for further replies.