• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Coke's Terrain-Gallery

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
This is my thread where I show my terrains. I hope u like 'em.

riverweiu9.png

A river I made, following 1337D00D's tutorial

ef1qm2.png

Picture of an elven forest. (EDIT: Added more trees and environment)

ef2il5.png

Another picture of an elven forest. EDIT: (Same edit as above).

A creepy place full of spiders.

Attachments

• us1zi6.jpg
    us1zi6.jpg
    130.7 KB · Views: 223
  • us2da6.jpg
    us2da6.jpg
    162 KB · Views: 243
  • us3vh1.jpg
    us3vh1.jpg
    183.4 KB · Views: 227
  • us4wo3.jpg
    us4wo3.jpg
    128.1 KB · Views: 212
Last edited:
Level 9
Well, it's a nice start. The shore is a little too empty though, might be due to the plain terrain on the left side of the picture. Also, the trees are too lined up imo. Make them bigger and fewer in number for a more natural look.

Level 7
Err.. Main problem is trees. THey just ruin the atmosphere how they are all the same size and in a seemingly perfect formation

Hmmm... Those are nice, the first one is quite odd, but it is ok, although I share the same opinions with the people who posted above.

The second pic looks nice, but it looks a little empty to be a forest, maybe you could add shrubs or rocks or even more trees to make it look better.

The third pic, great use of models. If you could PM or post me the links that would be great! :emote_grin:
Anywayz, it looks real nice, but the portal compared to the forest looks a little odd. :emote_razz: Shrubs and some rocks or doodads would be nice there too.

Anywayz, these are nice pics, keep up the good work!
3.5/5
(Yes, it is a valid rating believe it or not!)

Level 2
Yeah I will add more trees and stuff, it is actually looking kinda empty.

The models in third pic? You mean the trees?

Level 2
You should try turning Antialiasing on to atleast 4x and Anisotropic filtering to 4x or higher. They would realy make the pictures look better. Nice terane anyway. No noticable flaws, Very good.

Antialising? Anisotrpic? :S What's that? :p

And PurgeandFire111, I won't do terrains right now, because I'm working on my cinematic project. :p But you maybe want some pictures from it? ^^

Level 2
This is Coke's friend who writes, the "real" Coke can't enterthis site anymore. :S He don't understand why. He told me to write this. Bye.

EDIT: Now it's me (the "real" Coke :p). The site works now. :D

Last edited:
Level 8
Well, lookin' pretty good so far. Two little pieces of advice. Firstly, avoid the river rushes with the cattail, because the cattail looks really 2D and fake. Secondly, maybe play around with some height variation; it all seems a little bit flat to me. Anyway, keep up the good work...

Level 32
Tables have been added to the original post.

This is Coke's friend who writes, the "real" Coke can't enterthis site anymore. :S He don't understand why. He told me to write this. Bye.

Coke AND his "friend" BOTH need to clear their browser cache and and cookies. The friend needs his own unique user account and password.

Report complications in Admin Contact

Level 6
These screens have an unique look, looks good...
The improvement was already told and i have nothing to add~

Level 2
Gallery updated! 4 new pictures of underground terrain. Go and check it out at first post! ;)

Level 6
Its more like an overworld design... with some icey flair or something. It does not look like underground or something...
They just seem wrong...

Level 2
Oh, well... Yes, it's not really underground, but at least it's the underground tileset. :p

Level 7
4th spider pic needs to be aimed down a little, and make the time of day midnight. You can see the sky in it and its underground soo >.>

Status
Not open for further replies.