• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Cliff and Floor Skinn

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
I need a cliff and floor re skin to match the rest or my map currently most of the terrain is dark and ruined for somewhat then i have light city scape cliffs

what i am looking for is brick pavers and stone walls possibly with some variations be creative

the map is an industrial war torn city where many street fights and bomings have taken place

The terrain in a major part in the map as there will be verry few doodads compaired to other mapps

Imagine S.W.A.T. terraining

thank you in advanced

also if you interested in helping me create a fully custom terrain set for this map please pm me

here is a terrain shot to help i need the light cliff and floor tiles to be re skinned

Attachments

• Terrain.jpg
    Terrain.jpg
    137.9 KB · Views: 96
Level 11
Ok I made a cliff texture -- just replace the ReplaceableTextures\Cliff\Cliff1.blp ( the not dirt cliff) I CnP-ed from the Dalaran Ruins round tiles, also you have to import the round tiles over the yellowish square ones so that the cliff looks good, and you can re-import the yellowish square tiles over the Dalaran round tiles if you wish to do so that you don't have two sets of Dalaran round tiles.. (mouthful ain't it?)

_cliff1.blp = my cliff tile import to ReplaceableTextures\Cliff\Cliff1.blp

City_SquareTiles = yellowish square tiles import to TerrainArt\DalaranRuins\DRuins_RoundTiles.blp

DRuins_RoundTiles = dalaran ruins round tiles import to TerrainArt\Cityscape\City_SquareTiles.blp

(I know the two paths look like they are mixed up but trust me the only thing that will happen is that the two tiles will be switched so that my tile look good)

Also there is a map attached with this in action

EDIT: and I would say stick with the in-game City/Dalaran ground terrains. Also if you want to have two different cliffs (like mine and not the dirt one) I would make a second texture and tell you how to import another city like cliff over the dirt one which is really jagged and doesn't look good with a city type skin on it. (Here I go with another mouthful...)

Attachments

• City_SquareTiles.blp
    79.9 KB · Views: 46
  • DRuins_RoundTiles.blp
    82.9 KB · Views: 46
  • _Cliff1.BLP
    97.7 KB · Views: 48
  • cliff tiles.w3x
    250.7 KB · Views: 32
Level 3
I liek what you did but may i change it up a little bit? The edges seem a little blurry.

Last edited:
Level 3
Uhoh when i imported the terrain i had a little problem where the purple round tiles bordered all cliff edged around the round tiles if i addted another terrain texture next to a cliff there was always a bip purple strip of round tiles

Status
Not open for further replies.