• πŸ† Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. πŸ”—Click here to enter!
  • πŸ† Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! πŸ“… Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! πŸ”— Click here to enter!

Click Survival

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 11
Click Survival
A work in progress by Chizume

[Active]

Introduction
Click Survival is a quick-paced mix between an ORPG and a Hero Survival. Up to five players embark on a challenging journey as dwarven riflemen. The thing is, you do not merely order a unit to start auto-attacking an enemy. In this game you must click your enemies to death using left-click. Discover new places, complete dynamic quests, click countless waves of enemy creatures to death, but most important of all; survive.

Status
Approximate estimations on how far the project has come in each category.
pic1dv.png
Conceptβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆ
Triggersβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆ
Objectsβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆ
Questsβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆ
Terrainβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆ

Going through some concept changes because of some limits of both WE and my own skill. New ToDo list added and soon there will also be a schedule for the christmas holiday so that I can get something done. I'll keep in touch.

ToDo: βœ” βœ–
  • Add bullets, guns and gunpowder.
  • Clear triggers from old ideas (bags/right-click).
  • Add more quests and dynamic rewards.
  • Finish terrain and add NPCs.
  • Create more misc items.
  • Finish perks system.
  • Add multiboard and stat level-up.
  • Add additional enemies with simple AI.
  • Finish leadership system.
  • Fix tooltips and generalize layout.
Updated and refined the presentation. Also made some changes in the concept to reduce the amount of work as well as complexity of gameplay. This means there will be no bags nor any right-click attack option.
Currently the triggers and terrain are being worked on. Screenshots will be posted in not too long. Also, more about the gameplay will be added later.

Special thanks to Garfield1337 for helping out with the triggers.
Gameplay
The gameplay of this game, if not completely unique, will bring clicking games to whole other level. The players start out in a dwarven encampment and very soon waves of enemies appear.

Each rifleman has four stats; Vigor, Insight, Power and Constitution. These are increased based on damage dealt, damage taken, clicks and killing blows.

A multiboard displays the Damage Dealt, Damage Taken, Clicks and Killing Blows. Some items have effects that triggers every xth click. The multiboard also keeps track of items' clicks if such items are worn.

Depending on which gun, ammo, gunpowder and other equipment the rifleman choose to wear, different stats will be affecting his damage output and survivability. Below are example items for illustration.

Double-barreled Rifle
Gun
Left-Click: Deals (Power x 0.75) damage per target. Fires two bullets per click.
Cost: 2 Bullets

Basher Bullets
Bullet
Each bullet will stun the target for (0.5 + Insight x 0.08) seconds.

Black Gunpowder
Gunpowder
Each gram will knock back targets for (Power x 0.2) yards.
At the start of the game each rifleman can choose a Perk. Below are example perks.

Madman
Upon killing an enemy the rifleman is granted a 200% damage boost for 1.5 seconds.

Tactician
Upon evading an attack the rifleman has a 30% chance to maximize movement speed for 2 seconds.

Survivalist
When the health of the rifleman goes below 10% of his maximum health he is granted a protective shield which absorbs all damage for 3 seconds.
Terrain
Coming soon.

Other
Also, check out my other project A Footman's Tale.
pic2.png

Last edited:
Level 20
Nice presentation, really. Short, simple, neat.
I hate it when people drag on descriptions or don't write enough, I think your well on here.
Sounds fun, have you played 'click to kill'? By Alexis Septimus. I'm sure you have but if not, it's a good example of how fun this kind of thing can be, of course your idea seems a lot more fleshed out, which is always good. Best of luck, I'll be sure to check back some time :)

Level 11
Nice presentation, really. Short, simple, neat.
I hate it when people drag on descriptions or don't write enough, I think your well on here.
Sounds fun, have you played 'click to kill'? By Alexis Septimus. I'm sure you have but if not, it's a good example of how fun this kind of thing can be, of course your idea seems a lot more fleshed out, which is always good. Best of luck, I'll be sure to check back some time :)

In fact I haven't! I'll check it out right away.

Thanks.

Level 11
True indeed. I've been thinking of it - didn't know it had a melee animation though, that changes things. Could be a nice addition to some guns' right-click, or maybe I could even add it to all, using Esc to trigger it.

Status
Not open for further replies.