• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Classic like blood elf lieutenant

This bundle is marked as pending. It has not been reviewed by a staff member yet.
Hello!
These are my versions of a more classic blood elf lieutenant
The model was originally created by me and had some updates done by Fugrim
The model uses the swordman as a default with armor&weapon components from the spellbreaker and lieutenant and the custom helmet made by me.
There are two versions from this model, with and without cape.

Check out our other works here:
Hope you enjoy!
All feedback is welcomed.
Previews
Contents

Classic Blood Elf Lieutenant (Model)

Classic Blood Elf Lieutenant (Icon)

Classic Blood Elf Lieutenant portrait (Model)

Classic Blood Elf Lieutenant with Cape (Model)

Classic Blood Elf Lieutenant with Cape portrait (Model)

Level 35
Great work so far. But you will need to set the weapon and shield well on the model :) . And the wings that go in the helmet need something to make them look better on the helm.
Love how you edited that helm :thumbs_up:
1661708682124.png

You can check my elven infantry if you need some ideas

Level 35
The texture work was a pain in the ass and took about a week just to get the texture right the helm it self took atleast a day to look right atleast most of the part
You should also retexture the rest of the armor. It's a big difference between helm and rest of the armor :)
Or make the gold side of the helm closer to the rest of the armor

Level 35
fixed 3 of them
Damn love the new look. Indeed is something which I thinking of using myself. Is it ok if I do some changes to it?
I'l send you an idea of mine.
Some remaining small issues . These are mostly my opinion because I always try to check them before and after I finish.

The way the shied/weapon is set.
I know it can be very tricy to change the animation and set the geosets to work with all of his original movements. It always takes me a lot of time to properly set the animation flow/positioning.
1661876240267.png

Keep it in mine if you want it to update it in the future. I can show you a few tricks if you want.
This other one is something more estetic. Something I try to avoid or work around it. The wing is to much in the helmet i think.
1661876451404.png

Maybe try to scale the wing a bit in the sides and then put it like this
1661876602455.png

Also for the helm when you make the changes of the geosets its easy to change the locations of points and make an item no longer be the same when you look at it from the right/left
Need to be carefull with that too :) If you look a bit at the helm in my picture I actually edit it a bit because some areas in front and behind the helm did not mach when checked upclose :D
1661876738938.png

Your helm
1661876946789.png

My edit
1661876899685.png

Hope my ideas helped. They are small repairs which I try to be carefull about.
The model is was solid now then before and I for 1 will try it out. If you want I can send you the model after I have some fun with it :D

Level 12
Damn love the new look. Indeed is something which I thinking of using myself. Is it ok if I do some changes to it?
I'l send you an idea of mine.
Some remaining small issues . These are mostly my opinion because I always try to check them before and after I finish.

The way the shied/weapon is set.
I know it can be very tricy to change the animation and set the geosets to work with all of his original movements. It always takes me a lot of time to properly set the animation flow/positioning.
View attachment 406152
Keep it in mine if you want it to update it in the future. I can show you a few tricks if you want.
This other one is something more estetic. Something I try to avoid or work around it. The wing is to much in the helmet i think.
View attachment 406153
Maybe try to scale the wing a bit in the sides and then put it like this
View attachment 406154
Also for the helm when you make the changes of the geosets its easy to change the locations of points and make an item no longer be the same when you look at it from the right/left
Need to be carefull with that too :) If you look a bit at the helm in my picture I actually edit it a bit because some areas in front and behind the helm did not mach when checked upclose :D
View attachment 406155
Your helm
View attachment 406157
My edit
View attachment 406156
Hope my ideas helped. They are small repairs which I try to be carefull about.
The model is was solid now then before and I for 1 will try it out. If you want I can send you the model after I have some fun with it :D
You have full permission coach so go wild hha

Last edited:
Level 35
You have full permission coach so go wild hha
These are just things I had to deal and still am dealing with. Another thing when you delete things.
You got some extra geosets which you should delete. This will help your .mdx to have a smaller size. If best to make the .mdx file as small as we can because after you add 100+ .mdx file in the game the size start's to matter when you create a campaign map or any other custom game
1661878069211.png

1661878167704.png

Level 12
These are just things I had to deal and still am dealing with. Another thing when you delete things.
You got some extra geosets which you should delete. This will help your .mdx to have a smaller size. If best to make the .mdx file as small as we can because after you add 100+ .mdx file in the game the size start's to matter when you create a campaign map or any other custom game
View attachment 406161
View attachment 406162
understood i am gonna check on my other models to see if they also have the same problem

Level 18
More variations is always good to create specific units that need to be recognizable in a way without standing out too much from the rest of the regular ones.