• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Classes with multiple finals

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
I'm talking about college classes here, and this time around one of my bio classes has 2 different types of finals: a lecture final and a lab final, is this common nowadays?

Level 5
I once had a course that had 3, you've read that right : three final exams.

It was an anthropology class which had a lab section.

It had:

1 Lecture final (all multiple choice I believe)
1 Lab final (some multiple choice and some short answer questions)
1 Lab practicum (you had to walk around the room, examine presentations and state their name, purpose, function, etc.)

this really sucked - it was the only class I ever took that had this

Level 5
@Reon

Was it really hard having 3 ?

Also why wasn't there just 1 final for the lecture portion and 1 lab final? Wouldnt this make more sense time wise?

Level 5
it was really inconvinent for me since anthro wasnot my only class and these exams were on different days
as far as why it wasnt 2 finals. well the lecture final itself was really long (80 multiple choice questions to be specific) and time wise it wouldnt be possible to have one final stack on top of another. the practicum had to be set up and it took a long time for every person in there to walk around the 3 dozen or so exhibits and complete the questions. the lab lecture final was shorter in length but you had to write a lot since it was short answer questions, and it was only info mentioned in the lab book. The other reason besides time constraints I could think of was that the prof decided to keep the lab separate from the lecture because he was also teaching a lab-less class of the same nature.

Status
Not open for further replies.