• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Altered Melee] Civilization Buffs..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
I'm currently working on a side project inspired of games such as Civilizations, AOE and many more. Firstly, there are going to be CIVILIZATIONS....
I really want it to be diverse and include a HUGE amount of civilizations. What i need is ideas as their buffs, advantages and disadvantages. Also I would like your ideas for special units for them...
OR EVEN.. a new civilization if i have enough resources or diversity
Right now I've planned some civilizations, i would first like your ideas on PLANNED civilizations over presenting new ones..

EUROPE
-Britons
-Vikings
-Germans(Holy Roman Empire)
-Teutons
-French
-Spanish
-Portuguese
-Italians
-Slavs( a.k.a Russians)
-Magyrs

EAST ASIA
-Chinese
-Japanese
-Koreans

CENTRAL ASIA
-Huns
-Mongols

MIDDLE EAST
-Byzantines
-Turks( a.k.a Ottomans)
-Saracens
-Persians

SOUTH ASIA
-Indians
-Burmese
-Khmer
-Malays
-Vietnamese
-Siamese( a.k.a Thailand)

Latin Americas
-Aztecs
-Incas
-Mayans

Level 28
How many ages/eras/epochs do you plan on including?

Some unapologetic ripoffs from Empire Earth and ideas:

British: Buffs to resource production and naval combat (Industrial Era).
French: Buffs to cavalry (medieval) and infantry (industrial). Debuffs to resource production (modern).
Italians: Buffs to diplomatic units/abilities and gold production (Renaissance). Special unit: siege engineer (Renaissance).
Vikings: Buffs to naval units and pillage (medieval). Debuffs to gold production. Special unit: berserker (medieval).

Russians: Buffs to nukes (modern).

Mongols: Buffs to cavalry (medieval). Debuffs to food production. Special unit: horse archer (duh).

Crusader "civilization" (as a medieval alternative to the European powers): gets buffs when fighting non-Christian religions, gets disease-related debuffs, and gets various knightly orders as special units (Hospitallers heal, Templars give increased gold production, Order of Lazarus knights with hardened and resistant skin, Assassins, etc.)

Level 28
Japanese: Buffs to space units, debuffs to resource production (modern). Special unit: Giant robot (space).
Indians: Special unit: War elephant (Antiquity)
Vietnamese: Buffs to infantry (modern)
Greeks: Buffs to infantry (Antiquity) and gold production. Debuffs to ranged units. Possibly some specializing (Athens gets better ships, Sparta gets better infantry, etc.)
Koreans: Buffs to naval units (medieval) and gold production.

Level 19
How about you make civilizations that continue with another one.
Ex. Yamato < Feudal Japan < Imperial Japan < Modern Japan < Empire of the Rising Sun(Red Alert 3 japan)

Or even civilizations that branches off to other civilizations.
Ex. Romans branching off to other civs like Visigoths, Britons, Teutons, Ostrogoths, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.