• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Civil War: The Battlefield

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Here is a story I feel like writing again during the 1840-1870s. Mostly accurate to the American Civil War. I would classify this as historical fiction but it does have a lot of custom names.

Also note, I am no confederate supporter but I still chose to base it off a confederate standpoint. I have no real reason for why I chose it so please, don't ask.

Chapter 1: The Rendezvous

It's been several months now. Great ol' Lee awaits the arrival of Squadron Florida 54. The battalion was to soon rendezvous in the Evergreen Meadows near Winterspring Falls. The rendezvous would discuss the fusion of the military regiments for the apprehending of a interception of union troops near the town of Jamestown: the militaristic blockades for the dock of Portland near the coastline, and the cavalry scout patrols for an ambush of union scout parties.

As Lee attempted to scurry into the beauty of the falls in patience, a rumble is heard from the distance. Lee brushed himself and stood firm realizing a confederate flag in the distance. "Men! Regiment Florida 54 has arrived. Prepare the pleasantries for soon, we strike at the dawn of battle", Lee said abruptly and began to survey the area in an attempt at finding something. After a moments duration, he gave witness to a treeless valley in the western ranges. Before continuing his observation, he was halted by a shallow voice.

"General Lee, Regiment Florida 54 has arrived for duty. Our men are stocked and prepared and we're ready for further orders", arose the voice of the regiment's admiral.
"Rest admiral, rest. Accept my hospitality for as long as you can. Your men are tired and exhausted and we can't throw off worn out men into the battlefield as puppets", replied Lee.
"Yes sir, but what of our orders. I was alerted that you had a very grim scenario to share."
"Lad... I said to ease your soul. Your vitality will only burden the progressiveness of my plan's formality."
"I.... I.. Sir yes... sir. But when is our discussion though? My curiosity is too severe for an irrevocable attempt of a cure."
"That attitude will not do well on the battlefield admiral. I thought you'd understand the negative effects of this curse by now. I will inform you when I'm ready to discuss."

The admiral leaves Lee in a depressed anatomy. He stations himself near a tent and turns hallow and faint. His face seemed to resembled a depressive man returning from a battle all lacerated and brutalized. This site spoke attention to Lee. He knew that his depressive attitude will lead to a horrific effect on the leadership and morale of his army. He had to secretly plan out a method of relinquishing his agony in an attempt at perpetuating his true militaristic genius.

Five hours deteriorated and Lee shifts his eyes to the admiral. He then shouts in command.
"Admiral! Get over here lad. I have something to discuss with ye!" The admiral hurried and sternly replied.
"Yes.... sir?"
"Don't be angry at me lad and bristle yourself off. You look like a corpse at your state!" The admiral cleans the dust from his uniform and stares back directly at Lee. "So now admiral, what is your name?"
"Admiral James Brumsville Smith.", replied the admiral in a much more light-hearted state.
"Great to see you Admiral James! Now though we have big issues to discuss here. Are you sure you're prepared?"
"Sir yes sir!"
"Ok then, admiral James, status report on your current regiment militia!"
"Men healthy and well fed. Had no incidents along the way to our rendezvous destination."
"Casualties?"
"About 7 from our total 85. Apparently from insects we'd encountered along the trail out of a marshland."
"I see. What is the condition of all current military appliances and weapons."
"Slightly rusted but in proper working conditions."

Lee examines a nearby rifle rack to confirm James’s statistics and firmly replies. "Now that the pleasantries are concluded, Admiral James, it is time to discuss a priority in the battlefield."

Chapter 2- Discussion and Initiative

"Admiral James, we apparently have word that a union scout party is due west to the treeless ranges. I must know if your cavalry are skilled enough to conclude this party's existence in as soon as possible."
"What be the purpose of risking our cavalry sir?"
"I have more word that this party contains an important inscription, a code that will reveal to us the union's battle strategy. I must ask that your skilled Calvary carry on this task with gods speed. If this union party leaves the perimeter of the ranges, then we'd lose a valuable initiative that could lead us into a swifter victory."
"Sir yes sir. The cavalry party shall disembark immediately." The admiral swiftly descended from Lee's sight until Lee replied with haste.
"Halt admiral! There is a critical issue I must also discuss with ye." The admiral ran as quick as he can to Lee to listen to his message.
"Ummmm, what other issues are we faced with?"
"No other issues lad. But though, I do have something to give ye." Lee turns his sights onto a sealed crate. He opens its lock and withdraws a small container. "Open James, you deserve this." Admiral James opens the container and in a flash, a shining blade decorated with the finest of gold and ruby glistened the sky. The admiral thrusted backwards from excitement. He was dumfounded for what he'd seen. "Don't be too excited, an admiral of your stature deserves nothing less", replied Lee with a delightful grin. Admiral James withdrew the majestic sword; it was of royalty and beauty; the steel stainless and prepared to slice through its enemies.
"This... this is an honor... General Lee... I, Admiral James, will never regret this day. May I forever beset you as my ultimate mentor and idol."
"Like I said lad, you deserve this but now, with gods speed rally our cavalry at once. This complimentary has extracted too much of our time." In an instant from Lee's order, Admiral James runs, and in a matter of seconds, cavalry march on to the western ranges. Lee curls his great white beard and finds the admiral lying in the fertility of the plain soil. He reveals another grin; his face revealing a shadowy pride in the Admiral. He knows that some day, he will lead the confederacy into victory.

Six hours later into the night and no response arrives from the cavalry party. Lee examines the area in confusion until his annoyance depleted. The cavalry was seen from the distance: three men, wearing confederate uniforms, and holding faint, bloody rifles. Lee and all the men gather up to hear from the cavalry party. The cavalry finally neared towards Lee and one of them, a bearded and bald man, spoke.

"General Lee, the scout party was located and we've eliminated them. Although, to our success, we're unable to locate this Inscription that the Admiral had ordered us to retrieve." Lee stood taciturn; before he could speak, Admiral James’s voice swiftly interrupted.
"But how is this possible." Admiral James turns his head towards Lee and responds. "General, I thought this party would contain the documents." Lee still remained silenced, gently pulling his beard until finally releasing his hand and replying.
"Hmmm. This seems inconvenient for my scouts are excellent data scavengers. You three men, I would wish you to return to the corpses of the slain you've made and look thoroughly for the documents. This inscription is too important for it slip out of the confederacy." The bearded men replied back to Lee with a slim grin on his face.
"I'm afraid that order is something we cannot follow."
"WHAT? Do you dare disobey your general's order?" Again the solder responded with a mark of pride on his face.
"Hehe... foolish man, the union will prevail in these troubling times. To complete this secret mission, the union requests your death to further progress our efforts." Lee stands confused for what he'd said but before he could reply, the three men unsheathed their guns which bore a union insignia. This instantly informed Lee that these were union spies and before he could do any action to stop them, a faint shadow is seen from the back of the three men.

One by one each men falls in a flash of time. With the dead bodies now littered onto the grass, the shadowy figure reveals himself. It was the admiral bearing the very sword he was just recently given. Releasing silent breaths, Admiral James staunchly said, "Now that this weapon is coated with the blood of my enemy, is now the dawn of where I may bear my ranking with pride."

Lee smiled with appreciation for the admiral's obedience and prevalence saved his own life. With this incident done and over though, Lee recognizes the grim situation he was in. His greatest cavalry was defeated and an assassination attempt was sent back to kill him. He bowed to the ground trying to concentrate for what to do next. In a flash, Lee discovers a plan and stands up from the ground; brushes his beard with his finger and releases his finger.

Chapter 3: The General's Brainstorm

General Lee, now convinced that a plan he's thought of might work, begins to write on a paper with his feather. He carefully inserts the ink onto the feather and writes slowly. The admiral silently stoops behind him and sees an image on the paper he's writing on. Understanding that Lee is trying to be accurate with his drawing, Admiral James leaves Lee in peace while he spends his leisure on other activities.

After about six hours, Lee had concluded his writing and stood from his chair. He places his feather on his table; takes his written plans to his pocket and waits patiently for the beautiful afternoon to end. The admiral realized Lee's completion and walks near him.

"General, were you writing plans earlier", said the admiral.
"You've been eavesdropping boy? I would accept more sanity from your behavior admiral", replied Lee with a sigh.
"I'm sorry sir but.... but my curiosity made me want to see what you were doing."
"Again with your curiosity boy? Your insubordination of following my advice will get you no where."
"But..."
"No buts lad. Ever hear this phrase, curiosity killed the cat? Well I suppose you wouldn't want that cat to be replaced with an Admiral James now do you?"
"Well no.."
"Then act like a mature admiral. I have no idea of how you become an admiral with these deficiencies."
"I understand sir."
"Well then. Since you understand me so well, carry on your time. To answer your previous question, yes I've been making plans. I will call you when the time is right." Admiral James leaves Lee's sight while Lee releases a dull sigh. "Boy that lad will never learn like this."

It's been 2 more hours and dusk rose in. Lee examined the area and ordered a nearby drummer boy to play the rally beat. The boy pressured the drum hard releasing massive vibrations. The men were taught of the rally beat but this one was different. All the admirals and colonels rushed to Lee's presence, patient of what he'll say to them. Lee took sight of all the men and began to talk.

"Men! With the dusk here now, I will tell you my current plans against the union. I believe this plan will guarantee us an advantage over the union. Before I unravel the battle plans, do any of you have any questions?"
"I do", arose the voice of Colonel George Brucksville Stone, a thin, tall man who bared a great red beard. "My question is if the plans will involve a frontal assault on a union encampment."
"Yes", replied Lee. "This plan will feature a volley of assaults to diminish the moral and strength of the union."
"Well that'll be a problem sir", replied Colonel George. "My men in regiment 34 are too afraid to fight due to what had occurred just recently with our cavalry."
"If this is the case, then we will have to cheer them up. Exclude all members of regiment 34 who don't wish to fight and make them stay here in the encampment. While we win our battles following my battle plans, the men will believe in victory ensuring a nonviolent method of sending them to fight for the confederacy", responded Lee to George's statement.
"That sounds slightly unrealistic general but I obey your command", replied George.
"Now then, is there any other questions", stated Lee. The crowd of leaders was silent so Lee continued to revealing his plan. Lee goes into his pocket and takes out his written battles plans. He opens the folded paper and spreads it out across the grassy dirt. The men stared at the image waiting for Lee's explanation. Lee stares at the men to make sure they're paying attention and begins his explanation.

"Since we have no further questions, we can begin understanding the formalities of my battle plans. As you know from our current location, we're located between Jamestown and the dock of Portland. Our plan will consist of this. We will first besiege the Port with a small amount of troops preventing access to union ironclads and merchant ships. This assault could yield valuable information of the union's plans so report to your men that they'd find any valuable information possible. Now then, with the port covered, we will send the rest of other men into Jamestown. Remember to bring all siege weapons into Jamestown to prevent any union reinforcements that would seek to defend the city. Also about the villagers of Jamestown, hold them hostage. I've seen much death in my life but you will give orders to spare all citizens unless they seek to rebel. Also alert your troops to take all valuable cargo, weaponry, and food from the village. We will need to supply the confederacy quickly to give ourselves an advantage. Once these two areas are secured, we do the same to the next port and city until reaching Antietam Creek. This is an area that if we are able to get close enough, that the union will have no choice but to surrender." Before Lee could continue, he was interrupted by an officer.

"Antietam Creek? That is not a destination where the union thrives from. We should assault big economic manufacturers such as New York."
"You may think that general but do not dare hypothesize a suicidal idea like that ever again", replied Lee. "Assaulting New York would cover too much terrain that union resistance would lower our army limit very low. We wouldn't have the men or the resources to assault New York so we will cover normal farmland until the union finds a hopeless means of continuing. This would leave to a surrender to where the confederacy would finally break from the union and live its lives in peace." As lee was about to continue, a horse rider came bearing a message.

"General Lee of the confederacy, you have a message from Admiral David. Apparently regiment 67 has attracted about 4500 extra men along its way to this encampment. This is over 1270 more than expected. He reports that you set up more tents to care for these extra men as soon as possible."
Lee replies to the message. "Report back to him that this will be arranged." The message rider obediently bows and scurries out of the encampment. "I'm surprised for David's extra supply of solders. The assault on Jamestown will supply us all be need to welcome the regiment's arrival. Now men this is all you need to know at this current point. I have a lot more information to cover to the success of this plan. If you have any questions now state them before I leave." The crowd was silent again notifying Lee that they trusted his plan and would stick with it. "Good. Now men prepare your solders. Once morning strikes, we attack!"

Please enjoy and reply with possible. I would like to know as much personal opinion to see if I should continue writing this.

Thank you in advance.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.