• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Citing a Quote in a research paper.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 15
Herro, I'm writing a research paper for school and we have to include so many quotes in it.

My question is what is the format for citing a quote on the 'Works Cited' page? I checked the hand booklet (Write-Right-Guide) and my teacher stapled over the part about citing quotes.

thanks

Level 5
I usually make quotes like this:
Name of Article/ What ever i got the quote from, Name of auther of quote, year the quote was written, annex number (i usually collect all of my quotes on a page in the back of my papers)

Then you just raise the annex number to the top of the quotes inside the paper and youre home free

Hope i made any sense:grin:

Level 14
Um, if you're in the U.S. it's usually in either MLA or APA style formatting.

They're easy to find on google. I really don't know about other countries, and I don't know where you're from.

I know in college (University) some professors ask for APA style, but I've done mostly MLA.

Level 14
No problem. I do believe the "official" site for MLA is found somewhere on Purdue University's website. It also tells you how to cite sources in the paper as well as the Works Cited page.

Glad I could help :)

Status
Not open for further replies.