• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Cinematics voicelines only on english?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 11
Hi all. First of all I'm not sure where to upload this question, so forgive me if I'm not in the correct place. Feel free to move this to where it belongs.

I know the main language for the project must be in english at its fullness. But recently I've been thinking that in Cinematics, most of the dialogues have subtitles weather they are voiced or not. So my question is: would there be any issue if we record the voice lines in another idiom that's not english and have them subtitled on english?

I'm asking this because I've done some theater classes and I have some friends who might be willing to play with me and reccord some voicelines, but some of them aren't expert on (neither am I 😂) or know how to speak english. (My mother language is spanish.)

I have some projects on mind but to be honest, I'm not sure if i'll be making them... though I'd like to know about this just in case they came to be.

There are some things to consider: what about maps with cinematics and gameplays? Should the playable, already voiced units (in another language) have their unit set also in that language? Or just put some random existing warcraft 3 unit for it to be on english?

As for now, I'm only asking on the first scenario: only cinematics. But thought it was also worth mentioning the second scenario as well.

P.S.: I read in some thread that "bi-lingual" maps are allowed, but at what point? Also, I can't seem to find that thread at all 😅

Last edited:
Level 11
I think english subtitles and foreign voice sounds like a good compromise. Go for it.
Nice to hear! I hope this can bring new content.

I'm not sure if this has been already adressed on any official thread/post rules, but can I recommend this to be added on it if it isn't? Because I'm thinking there has to be someone else like me that is unsure about this.

Status
Not open for further replies.