• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Cinematic Subs and Extra Texts

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 19
Hey guys,

How can I add subs into a borderless cinematic at the bottom center of the screen.

Screen layout as in example, classic subtitles.
..........................|..........-----: these dashes are black borders
---------------------- ____: these are the screen borders
j: C'mon Gee! |

And for extra I want to add text in the screen, sticking to the left or right side of the screen, here's the drawing again :p

xxx....................| -----: these dashes are black borders
---------------------- ____: these are the screen borders
......................... |

For giving info to the watcher. Date and place etc..

Drawing seems s..t bcz hive doesnt let me put spaces between characters...

Level 19
Without cinematic mode the transmission is written left where is the chat. Maybe you can try to put spaces before the text so it is displayed in the center. Or you can use message, which is the same.

I need the cinematic mode for borders.

Multiboard could work.

I dont know what a multiboard is can you explain?

There's a system that does this for text messages, might take some inspiration.

Can you send the link?

Level 19
Man, that is too complex for me, I dont even know how to import that to my map :D

It turned out, a simple trick could do the subtitles, and I'm trying to make the left or right side texts with using floating texts with the help of invisible units :D

But thanks for the help ^^

Level 19
Thanks for the resource, I'll surely try to use it in my cinematic :D

The trick is, just blacking out the interface of the game.

Go to Advanced -> Game Interface

Check "Use custom interface"

Then add this line into each of these options listed:"UI\Widgets\EscMenu\Human\blank-background.blp"

Image - Cargo Backdrop
Image - Cinematic Border
Image - Console Background
Image - Console Button Border
Image - Console Texture 1
Image - Console Texture 2
Image - Console Texture 3
Image - Console Texture 4
Image - Game Menu Background
Image - Game Menu Border
Image - Game Button Border

Maybe there are some unnecessary ones, but I don't have the patience to test them.

Then add a unit with no portrait, complete blackness. That's how you get it. I learned this from APproject, master of cinematics :D

Level 7
Placing the subtitles in the black area below the image makes it more difficult for the viewer to focus on the subtitles and the image at the same time, though.

Level 7
Subtitle text within the picture is more movie-like than subtitle text below the picture. I would use game messages to display subtitles.

Level 7
You don't have to use that resource, what it does is it centres game messages on the screen automatically but you can instead use game messages directly and centre them yourself.

Status
Not open for further replies.