• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Cinematic shows map

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 11
Cinematic mode ON for player group over time or set cinematic mode on then off.

JASS:
    call CinematicModeBJ( true, udg_sr_save_player )
    call TransmissionFromUnitWithNameBJ( udg_sr_save_player, null, "Take a screenshot now (press Prnt Scrn)", null, encodedText, bj_TIMETYPE_ADD, 10, true )
    call CinematicModeBJ( false, udg_sr_save_player )

I need it only coz of unit transmission.

Level 11
Instead of cinematic mode create a visibility region across the playable map area for a certain player and then delete it.

I dont need visibility at all, i only need cinematic mode without revealing whole map TO ALL PLAYERS. I need cinematic mode coz of transmission from unit that has specific text position which is used for screenshot reader to decode code to regular text code.

Level 12
Do you mean letterbox mode? Those are different things. As far as I know Cinematic mode is like a visibility region of the entire map just when you turn it off it returns to the previous visibility settings. And cinematic mode (I think) is only for 1 player.

Level 11
No, when you turn on cinematic mode it reveals whole map to all players, when you turn if off it hides map back. Now i'm using floating text over some point in region (with black mask) for all players, i just hide code for other players who are not allowed to see that code, so now works fine.
T thought that it wont work with 2 lines, but it does, for now.

Attachments

• WC3ScrnShot_032409_122553_01.jpg
    WC3ScrnShot_032409_122553_01.jpg
    93.4 KB · Views: 80
Level 11
You dont have to use cinematic mode... If there is black mask, just lock all the players camera to a point. Also i believe that if you do letterbox mode it wont reveal the map, but it still disables commands like cinematic mode.

Status
Not open for further replies.