• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Minigame] Christmas Quest - Development Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 11
25o1.png

Welcome to the official development thread of Christmas Quest and... well... merry xmas!

Me and Felipe Gormadoc have been producing this map since 12/15/2013, it's really a run against the time to release it at christmas day, we're doing our best to do it with all attention what it deserves and be a cool minigame to play with friends.

The main idea of the map, of course, is the Christmas Theme, so all the decoration and the gameplay is based on Christmas.

About the gameplay: Christmas Quest is Team Co-op map. there is 2 teams: the Elven Team and the Goblin Team, both controlled by players.
the elves must deliver the christmas gifts for Warcraft lore characters, and the goblins want to ruin the christmas stopping the gift delivery.
the winner team is the one with more points, the elven team won points by successfully deliver the christmas gifts. the goblin team have two different ways to won points: picking up the elven gifts or delaying the elven team at the first step.
about the steps: there is two steps in the game, the collect step and the delivery step. at the collect step the elven team must collect some "Happiness Shards" to make a gift and the goblins must delay the elves to get some extra points. when the gift is ready to be delivered the second step starts, the delivery step, at the delivery step the elven team must delivery te gift for the respective owner of it at the city, and the goblin team must stop them before it happen.
there is some spells and tricks to both teams.

Terrain Screenshots:

g3x0.jpg

a2jg.jpg

jp9t.jpg

ahrn.jpg

pw2a.jpg

0ptu.jpg

qau.gif
qau.gif
qau.gif
qau.gif
qau.gif

Credit List:

Map Developers: Sliph-M and Felipe Gormadoc

Resources:

CloudWolf
Raelith
Stanakin
Deolrin
IamMclovin
Amigurumi
Chenralstrasz
Pyritie
Elenai
Bloody_Turds
Gottfrei
Mc !
Astaroth Zion
Shadow_killer
Gamegear
Jolly D
Law.Terro
ILH
JetFangInferno
RightField
Frankster
JesusHipster
Thrikodius
Uncle Fester
Walle
Hemske
4eNNightmare
LiOneSS
ChevronSeven
Cryophoenix
WILL THE ALMIGHTY
Sunchips

Many Thanks!

http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/maps-564/christmas-quest-0-10-a-245949/?prev=status=p
sorry about my english, and thanks :)

Last edited:
Level 11
nice idea. sad that its multi player

if the map get some good feedback, maybe we will develop it even after christmas, so... why not some AI or a new singleplayer mode? :)

Hey, good luck guys, I hope you make it in time!

thank you very much, the map is going really fast, I'm sure about we will finish it in time :D

Nice idea, friend, hope you finish this map at this time o.o

you could tell more about the character that will appear xD

Good Luck +rep

thank you bro, I will be adding some more information in the next days :D

Level 30
Looks awesome and knowing, this project is right on track because Christmas is near. The terrain looks good but knowing Felipe and you, I do think you could make it better like more HQ.

Nothing much more to say and just good luck and advance Merry Christmas. Reps for the cool project!

Level 11
Looks awesome and knowing, this project is right on track because Christmas is near. The terrain looks good but knowing Felipe and you, I do think you could make it better like more HQ.

Nothing much more to say and just good luck and advance Merry Christmas. Reps for the cool project!

thank you man, I will take some better screenshots soon (when I can), these screenshots are "improvised" :p

Status
Not open for further replies.