• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Choose custom race before start

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 11
Greetings Dear Hivers,

I have searched the web for a solution for over 2h+, but with no success. I want to make it possible to choose a custom race before starting the map. I wish to replace, not add. So simply changing the name of an already existing one is enough. Don't come say it won't work - I have seen it been done before.

For instance, replacing Night Elf with Dwarf or Undead with Troll.

racej.png

Your Truly,
Chizume

Level 14
However, this will NOT change until the map has already been loaded.
Afterwards, all other occurences of those Orc/Night Elf whatever will change for all other maps, until those maps are loaded.

Example, I open your map in the game, and the races will read: Human, Orc, Night Elf, Undead.

Once I've run your map, they will now read: Human, Orc, Dwarf, Troll.
However, I now open a new map, and the races will still read: Human, Orc, Dwarf, Troll.
Once the map is run, the values will reset to their original (or whatever the map maker specified those to be).

Level 11
Alright, I understand the situation. I tested it with great success. Now the issue is replaced with another dilemma, as usual! Nevertheless, thank you very much for the help.

Yours Truly,
Princess Chizume

Status
Not open for further replies.