• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Chimera.blp

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
This is my first official skin, so I was a little reluctant to upload it. Please tell me what you think needs to be changed and also any suggestions for future skins I might make.

If you use this please give credit where credit is due.

Sorry for the unprofessional screenshot, but my resources are some what limited.

Keywords:
Skeleton Skeletal Flying Chimera Undead Night Elf
Contents

Skeletal Armour Chimera (Texture)

Reviews
16:15, 17th Dec 2008 Hawkwing: The bones don't really look like bones. Post this in the Texturing & Surfacing Forum and get some better feedback there. EDIT: You have 10 days to improve this skin. If I don't see any proper improvements...

M

16:15, 17th Dec 2008
Hawkwing: The bones don't really look like bones. Post this in the Texturing & Surfacing Forum and get some better feedback there.

EDIT:
You have 10 days to improve this skin. If I don't see any proper improvements afterwards, the skin will be rejected.
//Dan van Ohllus

EDIT:
Time's up, and I still see no changes.

Level 12
Decent for a first "official" skin. There are only a few key points I could make that would help this texture reach the.. erm.. "average" level. First of all, more shadows and highlights. When I first started texturing, I was afraid to make it too dark or too light. But trust me when I say this, there is practically no souch thing as "too dark" or "too light". It almost always looks better if you place them in the right spots. Secondly, the wings and legs look really messy on the wrap, you should probably give those another go and pay attention to how they fit onto the model.

I'd say this texture could look pretty good with more work. It's strong point is the head, that camer out pretty good. Keep working on it and it'll be a great texture in no time.

According to me it looks like you did that skin under 30 minutes with a mom in the backround that was nagging in your ear about dinner..

Protip for ya: Make more details! Your dragon looks like humdrum zebra!

My favorite skins are the freehanded ones coz it requires more effort from the maker, try again, fall down the ladder, then climb up the ladder and try again, eventually you become a pro and make it right..

Maybe a pro on Zebra models?! XD

GL HF

Level 16
Err also i wantet to point up something: the bone structure is a lot different from a bird, dragon, etc. i mean he should have like normal bones like Humerus,radius, ulna and femur, tibia, fibula... lol i'm not sure if u get what i mean