1. Are you planning to upload your awesome skin to Hive? Please review the rules here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The Lich King demands your service! We've reached the 19th edition of the Icon Contest. Come along and make some chilling servants for the one true king.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The 4th SFX Contest has started. Be sure to participate and have a fun factor in it.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The poll for the 21st Terraining Contest is LIVE. Be sure to check out the entries and vote for one.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The results are out! Check them out.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Don’t forget to sign up for the Hive Cup. There’s a 555 EUR prize pool. Sign up now!
    Dismiss Notice
  9. The Hive Workshop Cup contest results have been announced! See the maps that'll be featured in the Hive Workshop Cup tournament!
    Dismiss Notice
  10. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Chimera (2).BLP

Submitted by NFWar
This bundle is marked as approved. It works and satisfies the submission rules.
My first skin.
I have rebuilded Chimera skin to make it looks like a BIT like Naga or
other dragon. Chimera old skin was too dark and had a lot of
black areas. This one painted almost everywhere.
Skin made by combining a lot of diferent segments without using same.
If someone use this skin, give a credit (plz dont forget). Thank You.

Changes:
-Recolored some parts
-Added Some Shadings

-Added MORE shadings
-A bit darkened head

-Removed ears

NOTE: Some people ask me to make it more like naga by puting eyes at other place,
making nose holes ( :] ) smaller. I tryed some variations and all was totaly BAD. So I desire to do not change eye position.

~NFWar~

Keywords:
Chimera, Green, Dragon, TwinHead, Flying, Unit
Contents

TwinHead Dragon (Texture)

Reviews
12:08, 23rd Oct 2009 67chrome: I'd like to see the face re-made, this model really has a forgiving face wrap to work with that would allow the eyes and nose to be placed wherever. Other than that the work with the scales is very nice, and this skin...
  1. 12:08, 23rd Oct 2009
    67chrome: I'd like to see the face re-made, this model really has a forgiving face wrap to work with that would allow the eyes and nose to be placed wherever. Other than that the work with the scales is very nice, and this skin has an adequate amount of shading as well :)

2. NFWar

NFWar

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    I think it is first skin for Chimera :D
    Must be creative enagth...

3. Midnighters

Midnighters

Resources:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Very nice skin, though the way it wraps makes it look a bit odd.

4. 67chrome

67chrome

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    Interesting.
    I'd like to see some more color variation, right now this skin is incredibly monochromatic. Make the belly a different color, as well as the inside of the wings.
    The skin could also use some more shading. Most skins in WC3 generally have spectacular lighting, or have an intense difference between shaded and highlighted parts of the skin. This skin rely doesn't have much shading.
    The color of the eyes and especially the tongue should be changed.
    You should also change the teeth, eye, ear, and mouth a bit so you can say you did 100% of this skin freehand. You've done enough of it yourself that you should really finish the rest yourself :)

But for now, add more colors in the skin. try using more unsaturated colors as well, it would probably suit this skin better. You also need to add more shading.

5. StaberFire

StaberFire

Resources:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    Pale blue. Not green. The Royal Gaurd is kinda green but if you don't use a ton of colour variation it turns out looking pretty bad. Either switch to a less vibrant colour or use more colours.

6. Soul Theft

Soul Theft

Resources:
    Icons:
    Resources:
    too green

7. Walle

Walle

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Resources:
    yes too green indeed, and looks like that owl model in wc3, it's the same green as the owl you can barely see the eyes. i suggest you change the green stuff i don't like it :p

otherwise great skin, i will rate and rep when you change it.

8. knight26

knight26

Resources:
    Resources:
    m ore highlights and shadings, also more colors. i mean it has only green on it :) some light blue could look good. experiment a bit.

9. X-OMG-X

X-OMG-X

Resources:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Template:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Yibii, you uploaded it:grin:
    Looks good but could use more shading/highlights and color variation, as the others says.

10. NFWar

NFWar

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    :confused: Eye, ear is freehand maid. It is not recolored.

11. Misha

Misha

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    StarCraft II Resources:
    Resources:
    too green :D

try to blend in some myrmidon blue to certain places.. and also coatl wings would be good too.. :3

12. NFWar

NFWar

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Updated!

13. StaberFire

StaberFire

Resources:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    The yellow could use better contrast.

14. Kazzo

Kazzo

Resources:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    The light's and the shadow's on the scales look's pretty nice but you need maybe some blue colour and make a new face because the face look's like a chimera

15. NFWar

NFWar

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    I cant change face, it is not model. I cant repaint, it still looks like chimera.

16. Kazzo

Kazzo

Resources:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    but you can make him look's more naga :D

17. StaberFire

StaberFire

Resources:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    I think you could at least change the nostrils. Naga don't have huge nostrils like that. That might help to make it look less like a Chimera.

18. The Panda

The Panda

Icon Reviewer

Resources:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I like this, Nice job.

19. 67chrome

67chrome

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    It looks better now, but still seems sort of bland. With how the alphed parts look I'm assuming you are not using Photoshop, but there might still be the tools I'll recommend to use in the program you are using to create this. It looks as though you used burn and dodge to add shading and highlights, those tools altar the saturation of whatever they are used on. In Photoshop there is a setting for the brush tool called "color", which just changes the hue and saturation of everything it is used over (ie if used over the scales it will change their saturation back to the same levels it should be, while retaining the shading and texture). Using this tool with a blend setting and/or low opacity will also allow you to easily apply other color variations to the skin as well, I'd recommend adding a few different shades of green to the skin to make it more dynamic and interesting.

As for the eyes, they are the same shape and in the same place as the original chimera skin, regardless of weather you applied color over them or not. With the chimera's wrap, you can put the eyes anywhere on the entire head and have them still work out. With the tendency for eyes to be further forward on most Naga units, I would recommend moving the eyes closer to the front of the face as well. And for the Naga-ness of this skin, the Naga race includes essentially everything in the Sunken Ruins tileset, so whatever tropical colors you choose should fit the theme, the only color choice I would advise to stay away from is the Naga Siren's color - over half of the Naga skins on this site use those colors XD.

Anyways, I would still like to see a little more shading, change the eyes, and play with the coloration a bit. See if you can find a brush that changes the hue and saturation for you, it is much easier than resorting to changing the hue and saturation of the skin with selecting chunks of it and using functions from a drop-down menu ;)