• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Children of Bodom

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 12
Children of Bodom plays the music VERY WELL i must say, too bad i cant understand what they are saying(even though i listen to a lot of growling/screamo/whatever you people call it these days, im having a hard time picking up the difference, even though ive listened to In Flames since i was about 12 :p)

Level 36
Bodom were also the first metal band I heard.

I saw the guitar duo video of Alexei, and it just amazed me at how skilled he was. First songs I heard were Deadknight Warrior and Kissing the Shadows.

Same em live last May and it was total win. Alexei is one of the most talented guitarists in the world.

Level 19
Cradle of Filth - Nemesis
is my favourite
but I like CoB - Punch me I bleed too
Dimmu - Mourning Palace/puritania
and Arch Enemy - Savage Messiah / Enemy Within

Level 28
Death Metal = big nono. The only "good" death metal I've heard is Bullet for my Valentine.
It's rock, hard rock, metal and heavy metal that are the real stuff, mostly heavy metal. It contains epic music. My view on epic music is hard to explain. It's like the song contains some kind of spirit. It gives you a sertain feeling other than feelin like blowing your head of.

I've actually been able to follow the beat of any song i've heard. Being raised as an 80's-90's Headbanger/Metalhead, it seemed only natural. Death Metal is one thing I can really enjoy, due to it's fast pace and dark-ish themes.

When I listen to real metal, I get this awesome feeling of power associated with metal. If you don't feel anything from rock or metal, there's no hope for you.

Level 5
Death Metal = big nono. The only "good" death metal I've heard is Bullet for my Valentine.
It's rock, hard rock, metal and heavy metal that are the real stuff, mostly heavy metal. It contains epic music. My view on epic music is hard to explain. It's like the song contains some kind of spirit. It gives you a sertain feeling other than feelin like blowing your head of.

bullet is not melodeath, that's probably why you like it and dislike melodeath. some of bullets old song was good but their new emoish songs are just awful.

Level 36

I fucking lol'd.

Not only are Bullet For My Valentine screamo, they also suck ass.

Fail.

Level 1
I fucking lol'd.

Not only are Bullet For My Valentine screamo, they also suck ass.

Fail.

Come come, theres hope for someone listening to Bullet For My Valentine, as they do not TOTALLY suck ass. If he was listening to Falloutboy...then he'd be screwed.

Anyway, I love COB along with a couple of other bands. I'm always amazed how COB only managed to create good songs (well, Rebel Yell excluded). Bed of Razors, Banned From Heaven, Living Dead Beat, Lake Bodom, Tie My Rope, Needled 24/7, Are You Dead Yet?, Blooddrunk, all their songs simply rock!

Level 1
And the Rebel Yell cover was actually awesome, dude. Same with the Baby One More Time cover.

Rebel Yell awesome? I loved the Baby Hit Me One More Time Cover, but I absolutely didn't like Rebel Yell. Ehwl, I even doubted wether it was even COB at first. Ah well, I gues we cant argue about musical taste. What you love, I can hate. What you hate, I can love.:grin:

Level 5
we cant argue about musical taste. What you love, I can hate. What you hate, I can love.:grin:

agreed,

and yes bullet suck as a Metalcore band, their trash metal songs were OK. But seriously you cant compare them to COB, COB actually got much more talent IMO. Still the best melodeath songs is by In flames (their old songs), the new ones are awesome as well but in a different way.

Status
Not open for further replies.