• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Solved] Chasing until the ends of the earth.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
I want my units to chase their enemies forever.
Basically, I have a bunch of units with really high acquisition range and I want them to go and attack units on the other side of the map. But after a certain point, the units kinda get bored and go back to where he were before they aquired their targets. Is there a way to change the distance it takes for them to stop pursuing their target, or disable that alltogether, or something?

Bannar

Code Reviewer
Level 26
If they do not (travelers) have any attack, its normal that units will get bored soon or later.
If those 'attackers' guard some region, create region in that location, and trigger attacks unsing event: Unit enters region.

EDIT: You can add all travelers and defenders into unit groups (one for each type).
For guards group use action Pick all units in group and do:
Order (Picked unit) to attack (Random unit from (Travelersgroup))

Whereever any of targets die, just find new target for guards using similar trigger.

Level 2
  • Unit - Order No unit to Attack (Random unit from Group_of_People)
Wont that help?
Maybe add an event that refreshes the trigger every X seconds?

Status
Not open for further replies.