• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Char

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
Has anybody else been to the site and read Char's bio. It's a good little explanation about Char and its past. Nice to see that the website is updated every month or so.

Anyways I hope they do this with all the other mjor planets in Starcraft so I can catch up on my reading :D . How do you all feel?

Level 12
like eating cream cheese!
but seriously, they will prob name the main planets of each race

Level 14
Yeah DuGalle and Stukov were from the UED.
UED=United Earth Directorate, or something of that nature.. been awhile, so yes their home planet is Earth. If I remember correctly no ship survived the zerg.

Level 19
Yeah DuGalle and Stukov were from the UED.
UED=United Earth Directorate, or something of that nature.. been awhile, so yes their home planet is Earth. If I remember correctly no ship survived the zerg.

The Queen of Blades soon faced another threat, and she was not pleased to discover that Duran had inconveniently disappeared. Apparently Arcturus Mengsk had called in a few favors and scraped together a new fleet. Artanis had also warped into the area with a fleet of protoss ships from Shakuras. Last but not least, Admiral DuGalle was stubbornly determined to defeat the woman who had masterminded Stukov's death.

Kerrigan taught the three fleets better than to underestimate the Swarm. Facing imminent defeat, Mengsk and Artanis were forced to withdraw from the battle. At last it became clear that the UED fleet could not hope to succeed where the other two fleets had failed. DuGalle offered to surrender if Kerrigan would spare the lives of his soldiers. The Queen of Blades, however, had no interest in taking prisoners. Instead, she told DuGalle to turn his ships in the direction of Earth and flee. She would give him a reasonable head start before she sent the Swarm after him.

DuGalle and his battered ships obeyed, for they had no other choice. Onboard the flagship Aleksander, DuGalle composed a last letter to his wife. His mission was a failure. The zerg remained untamed; the colony worlds, unconquered. His pride had killed Stukov and brought the Directorate fleet to this desperate pass.

The admiral killed himself not long before Kerrigan's forces overtook the UED fleet and devastated it. Not one Directorate ship reached Earth to report the events that had taken place in the Koprulu sector.
Anyways that is only UED's expedition fleed which means where is their real force?

Level 14
I would doubt it if they incorporated the UED into it again. I dunno, I wouldn't if I were them.

Level 13
Im intrested to see what they do with stukov in the next game, as he has recently been brought back from the dead AND the swarm, he should prove a very different charachter. Perhaps he will aid Raynor to pay off an old debt he had with him (rescuing him from the swarm, although he was a bit bitter about that at first).

Id also like to know what happened to UED's remnants scattered about the koprulu sector. In the starcraft wiki they said that they were in hiding... Perhaps Stukov unites them ? Plenty of neat possibilities now that Stukov is once again in the game.

Level 13
Kerrigan killed the fleet lead by DuGalle heading for earth, there were still scattered bands and remnants of the UED scattered on a few planets hiding, after all the UED expeditionary force was huge and even after all that fighting there would be more left than the tiny fleet we see in the cinematic of DuGalle's suicide. Besides, DuGalle did not know Alexi was infested, but im preety sure he would just kill himself over that too. Im hoping Stukov makes a cameo appearance, or has bonus missions. I wouldnt want him to become a major charachter like raynor or kerrigan. A supporting role however would definately please a large audience i think (as he's easily one of the most loved terran charachters from SC or BW). I'm sure Blizz will add him in one way or another.

Oh and, just so people can see my source:
http://starcraft.wikia.com/wiki/UED
http://starcraft.wikia.com/wiki/Alexi_Stukov

Quote from stukov's page:
"Chris Metzen later stated clearly that Infested Stukov and Resurrection IV are canon."
:)

Level 14
Hmm, that does change things a bit. I never really played the N64 starcraft, by the time I knew it existed it was pretty much sold out on everywhere but ebay..

hmm that is interesting.

Level 13
The N64 version was really neat, it had a vastly improved training mission and a bunch of little add-ons the devs never got around to adding for SC.

...But it just occured to me, we really derailed this thread, huh ?

Level 7
Heh yep. My threads always seem to go off-topic just a little bit. Whatever. Uhhh yea I was like 5 when I was really playing the N64 so...ya. I never got it >.>

Level 13
Im afraid char is not all that radioactive...
You must be thinking of Korhal, which got nuked into oblivion, but i digress.

I dont think there would be many species on the zerg homeworld. The zerg would simply infest every species and if no use could be found of them the strain would eradicated from the swarm. In this way, only a few useful breeds survive while the rest are killed off. So yeah Char wouldn't have much in the way of life. Plus its a lava world, more of a life-taking planet type than a life-giving one. Aiur would be a better candidate for new indigenous species... at least before it was overrun by the zerg.

But i dont have any actual sources to disprove you, i go by common knowledge and as such i might be wrong.

Besides, blizzard said there would be no 'creeps' in the game, so we'd be lucky if we even saw critters on its surface.

Level 19
Im afraid char is not all that radioactive...
You must be thinking of Korhal, which got nuked into oblivion, but i digress.

I dont think there would be many species on the zerg homeworld. The zerg would simply infest every species and if no use could be found of them the strain would eradicated from the swarm. In this way, only a few useful breeds survive while the rest are killed off. So yeah Char wouldn't have much in the way of life. Plus its a lava world, more of a life-taking planet type than a life-giving one. Aiur would be a better candidate for new indigenous species... at least before it was overrun by the zerg.

But i dont have any actual sources to disprove you, i go by common knowledge and as such i might be wrong.

Besides, blizzard said there would be no 'creeps' in the game, so we'd be lucky if we even saw critters on its surface.

Mostly true but in their site they said that Char had a high level of radiation.

Level 13
Then i suppose i stand corrected, It is rather odd that they would simply say "oh and uh Chars radioactive" without really giving any reason but thats theyre fault and not your's.

Status
Not open for further replies.