• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Chaotic Islands

Reactions: Punk6r
ABOUT MAP:
In the northern shallow sea, there is a clusters of islands full of gold and every race taking part in competition to take over the islands. Controlling the center means triumph but beware the sea creatures.

ABOUT EDITOR:
-map created by karasu90

DESCRIPTIONS:
- a custom melee map
- default settings except for gold mines
- defeat high level guardians will grant items
- maximum 12 players
- tileset sunken ruins
- mapsize 192 x 192
- weather normal

241298-albums7895-picture93400.jpg

241298-albums7895-picture93399.jpg

241298-albums7895-picture93398.jpg

Keywords:
chaotic islands, chaos, chaotic, island, islands, 12, max, maximum, maximum players, sunken ruins, ruins, explore.
Contents

Chaotic Islands (Map)

Reviews
01:48, 4th Feb 2015 Orcnet: Sclammerz's review: LINK
Level 6
This map is pretty empty .If you are making tropical themed map , you need more variety. Mix trees with plants and rocks , mix terrain for example dirt with sand , and if you want to make a small camp add rough dirt. These are just few examples of your map problems , because mainly people will look at terrain first , no terrain , no fun playing ...

Last edited:
Level 4
Yeah its bit empty coz i just want to make it simple, no vision-obstructing-thingies like terrains, rocks or what so ever. So players could easily locate enemy units. Btw, I appreciate your comments. You can decorate it in your own way coz this map is unprotected. I just want to share it with the others.

Level 23

Sclammerz's Review

MAP NAME: Chaotic Islands
MAP AUTHOR: karasu90
Version: 1.0

INTRODUCTION:

Sorry about the delay. Anyway not much to say, so here's my review.

TERRAIN:

As a melee map this map's terrain is good but its very very empty. Maybe you should add more decorations to make your terrain not completely plain and lifeless. You did not use any cliffs but you use height leveling and i think it looks good and looks island-ishh. Maybe add some tile sets, so it won't look very plain and empty.
SCORE:3/5

GAMEPLAY:

Null.

SCORE:-/5

BALANCING:

Placing high level creeps for farming is really not a good idea, specially when your hero is only level one while the creeps were level 4 and above and they have abilities its really hard to farm like that unless you have an ally to aid you. It would be better if you place level 2 - 3 creeps in the near starting locations to easier farming and save the stronger ones afar. Other Neutral buildings were close to a starting zone, it could give players near them an advantage towards other players at starting levels. One more thing you did'nt add an expansion area for players but you increased the amount of the Gold Mine but still don't you think it would be better if there is atleast 1 expansion area for each player? I think it is balance enough but still consider what did I suggested.

SCORE:4/5

SUGGESTIONS:

Emphasize your terrain, add more life in to it.
Add low level creeps too not just high level ones, what I've said earlier.
Make the dropped items to be random, so when I play it again I can pick a new item.
Maybe you could add creeps where there is no player in a starting area like blizzard ones when their is no player at a starting area, creeps will occupy it. Think about it? 0_o?
Also when I played it my base was on the middle and I am near to another goldmine (I have access of two goldmines). Maybe the you could remove one of them or you could just make it an expansion bases and add creeps into it instead of making it a starting zones.
Don't make the your Neutral buildings close to a starting zone it would give them an advantage towards other players.
Add an expansion area for each player, Don't you think?
Please improve your thread more. Don't take it lightly.

OVERALL:

I think it's approvable in its state. Happy Mapping! :D

3/5 - FAIR I vote for approval! :)