• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Channeling spell

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
Hi.
I wish to make a spell that functions like this:
A unit starts casting the ability, another units is "summoned" as a result of the spell. The casting unit maintains its channeling stance, unable to attack or move without breaking the spell.
If the casting/channeling unit breaks the spell however, the summoned unit will dissapear/die.
Any help would be most helpful xD

Level 3
I am sorry, but it seems i won't be having much time because of some other stuff (real-life)
If i have time though i will make it, but it should be pretty easy to make.

Level 5
Answer

I know triggers, up to the level of variables and some costum script's.
But its not a simple unit on each team. Its a normal unit that can be massed if the player wants to. :O

Okay, here's what ya gotta do: Make a trigger with an event like 'starts channeling an ability' then create the unit via triggering,then make a 'wait for condition' action, waiting until the unit's current order is not equal to channel, or something, then remove the unit. You can perhapsely use the custom values of the summoned ones to keep track of them.
OR
You can alter the 'tornado' spell, to make another unit. This should work.

Status
Not open for further replies.