• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Channel script and Special Effect Deletion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
So i wanted to make a scene, like a number of acolytes standing around an altar and channeling a spell on it. I would like to use the drain life spell as a model. I already created a the ability and a custom model to use it. The problem is, that i am not able to find any preset in the sript editor for aiming a certaine ability on a point, monster, destructable, etc. So i am asking you: got any ideas ?

Second: How can i specifically delete a certaine special effect, that has been created via a script ?

Thanks in advance for your answers.

Level 37
Its all pretty simple. For altary just make an altar and center a nice region on it. than trigger. Pick the event(your choise) Pick a condition too, Actions Make lightning effect from center of region to that acoyote, than store lightning effect in a variable. Wen you don't need a lightning effect anymore just remove variable.

Base Variable on Lightning and give it a name Lightning Var, tick the array and fill the field with numer with 99. press ok and you have avariable.
Than when you create lightning effect. Use set variable action and use LightningVar and set it like this Set LightningVar[1] =(Last Created Lightning), but remember you can't use
"LightningVar[1]" for each lightning you must set a new , like Set LightningVar[2] =(Last Created LightningSet ///LightningVar[3] =(Last Created Lightning) etc. When destroying it just use Destroy Lightning Action and use a variable like Destroy LightningVar[2]

Level 19
Unit - Issue an Order with Target Object
with this you can order someone to cast an ability on another

Level 1
The problem with that is, that the editor has only a certaine amount of presets for a defined category. So i can only use area effect spells on a region/point and simple commands, like attack, on destructibles. I can't use a self-defined ability cause it wont automaticly show up in the presets plus i don't posess the know-how to do it another way.

Maybe someone could tell me how to do it another way, preferably step by step, because i'm new to scripting.

Level 1
The target is an altar, a doodad. I tried to give some creep the altar model, so it could be attacked, but unfortunately the player will be able to see the "proxy". I also tried to move a small, nearly unselectable unit under the altar, but the collision detection didn't let me.

Level 1
A visibility modifier gives you - if I'm not mixing it up with something different - full vision over a certain region.

But whats the use with that ?
I need to ,like mask the altar (which is a unit, so it's selectable) so it's seen as some kind of doodad, e.g. non selectable.

Status
Not open for further replies.