• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • ✅ The POLL for Hive's Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Vote for the TOP 3 SKINS! 🔗Click here to cast your vote!

Channel Animations

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
How exactly do you set the animations of the channel spell? I need my villager to perform the stand work animation for 3 seconds. At the moment he just stands there for 3 seconds.
Tx

Level 7
specify it in the art - animation field of the ability in OE. And add the word "looping" as a secondary string.

if it doesn't work it has something to do with the unit's animations, just use animation index calls to fix that, piece of cake.

Level 2
OMG it achually worked!

JASS:
Custom script: call SetUnitAnimationByIndex(udg_Farmer,5)

But there is a problem :eek: I use the event:
JASS:
Unit - A unit Uses an item
. The spell that the item uses is based on channel, and the follow through time is 3 seconds. This means that the even is only triggered at the end of the 3 seconds. Plus, the whole reason I based the spell on channel was to make the unit paused for that space of time so you couldnt re-order them. How do you trigger the animations at the right time? Should I just make it entirely trigger based using the pause trigger too, and having the item as just a blank item which triggers it? I only want this to be triggered at certain places:
JASS:
Environment - Change terrain type at (Position of (Triggering unit)) to Village - Crops using variation -1 in an area 1 and shape Circle
Will this work? Is there a better way, or is this it?
Thanks for the help anyways. :p

Level 7
I would base the ability of channel but trigger the pause and everything. Like this:

(only actions, gui script)

Unit - Pause (Triggering Unit)
Game - Wait (3) seconds
Unit - Unpause (Triggering Unit)
set someLocationVariable = Position of (TriggeringUnit)
Environment - Change terrain type at (someLocationVariable)) to Village - Crops using variation -1 in an area 1 and shape Circle
custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_someLocationVariable)

Status
Not open for further replies.