• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Changing the race of a player

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
Hey there!

I would like to change the race (humans, orcs, elves, or undeads) of a player thanks to a trigger but I have no idea how to do it. I plan to do that just to assign one of the 4 basic UI to a player in function of his race. Actually, the player have the choice between several races (like dvarves, nagas, etc...) thanks to a dialog.

Any idea?

Thanks in advance!

Level 13
I'm not an expert but you could use dialog buttons? I don't think you are able to do anything about what picture will appear for the builder unless you stuck to having 4 races and replacing the original four. But this would mean you'd have to pick from the normal four in the lobby and you'd be given a different one instead. (so human = dwarf, orc = goblin etc etc).

Don't take my work for it but dialog buttons could work for picking a race but the UI for the worker would always be a bit wrong...

Level 9
I already use dialog for selecting the race at the beginning of the game. And one of the problem is that it will be more than 4 races. To give you a concrete example, I would like that all the players which choose Dwarves and Elves be Humans, Nagas and Skeletons be Undeads, etc... I don't want to change the UI directly, just one of the 4 basic races but once the game has begun. I don't know if I'm clear...

Status
Not open for further replies.