• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Changing scale of an effect.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Hello, I switched the Blood Mage's spheres to a custom sphere, which just so happened to be a huge ass sphere

http://www.wc3sear.ch/index.php?p=Models&ID=2025&sid=3a3e9de0ff0be3cbb8766fc4a138b568

And if I scale projectiles as 0.1 then it turns out to be an OK size (for the spheres), but then my Hero is also 0.1 as big.

Art - Scale Projectiles True
Art - Scaling Value 0.1

the sphere is an ability and doesn't have a scaling option.

Halp! (im using the regular WC World Editor)

it would be great tosuggest a tool that scales 3D objects like that.

Level 3
OK, so I downloaded that Oinkerwinkle Vertex Modify program and the program to convert MDX to MDL ad visa versa.

I scaled down my geosets to a good size and loaded it back to my map successfully.
BUT I don't have that awesome fire that encircles the sphere! That was practically the best part.

I loaded all 6 geosets, scaled accordngly, then merged them all back and no dice.

Please help!! this is getting frustrating =(

(thanks for all your help so far, i'm getting somewhere)

I'm guessing I need to scale the particles??

Level 10
Its abiously that u dont know how to use that program :)
Open your model in Vertex Modify , and select Geoset1 then after u scale it , click on File-Switch Geoset and choose geoset 2 scale geoset2 like the first one and so one ... dont merge them again

Level 3
right, ok I did that and now I have about 6 floating spheres of differing colours and the flames are still their original size. It looks like this

floatingthings1dd.jpg

In all 6 geosets, I see nothing that resembles the "fire"
except for a flat box...which I scaled. I suspect that might be the emitter for the fire. In which case isn't scaling the fire anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.