• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[General] Changing projectile explosions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

SKW

SKW

Level 3
I have W3Edit. I know basically nothing beyond changing flame colors in node edit. I want to make the battleship's cannonball explode using the Siege Engine's impact effect.

What Me do?

Level 9
Changing the colors of the flames and changing the impact effect are two different things.

The first one is quite easy to do :
  • Open the cannonball model in War3 model editor
  • In the 'Widows' menu, select 'Node manager'
  • All the boxes named "BlitzParticle..." are related to the explosion of the missile :
Capture.PNG
  • By double-clicking on BlitzParticle boxes you can edit them (colors in particular) :
Capturea.PNG
  • Try changing the colors and see the result in the Editor

SKW

SKW

Level 3
I mean that changing flame colors is the only thing I figured out at this point.

How do I change the explosion to a different one, if it is at all possible.

Really wanted my ranged siege engine to work.

Level 9
You could look at the settings of the BlitzParticles of the wanted explosion and try copying them by creating/editing BlitzParticles of the cannonball model :)

Otherwise, you could delete the death anim of the cannonball and make a trigger that use a dummy unit or a special effect for the explosion. But the first solution seems far easier.

Status
Not open for further replies.