• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Need Info] Changing models from high quality to low quality!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 16
210613-albums7170-picture84459.jpg

I have one problem with swapping of models from high to low, it still lag because I used a periodic event every 1 seconds of game time. I am unfamiliar with the sc2 triggers, after searching for 2 days I couldn't find a condition or something to prevent the action from happening all the time, constantly. I am hoping someone can figure this out. The system work the following way; I made a sphere in 3ds max, with 2 models, one high and one low. It has 2 animations, stand and spell. Stand will be the High quality while spell will hide the HQ and sow the low quality and basically that is all there is to it, the model swaps animation in a specific camera distance. Because of the 1 sec event even the animation gets restarted and it's really a problem with animated trees, their animation will stop and repeat halfway which is why I need a condition that deactivate the timer while the camera distance from the object has been reached so it will be only one time. The reason I made a periodic event is because I need it to constantly update while the camera moves closer or away from the objects.

There is another triggers there that hides details like grass and rocks it works the same way only it does not require any model animation, that one works fine so ignore it, the object of interest is the sphere.

LOD FPS DEMO

The fps camera triggers are taken from the generic fps\tps maps.
  • To activate have Num Lock on
  • Page up\down to go in to tps\fps
  • Right pad 1 and 2 for tps\fps mode (To see the effects of the LOD triggers better, go in to fps mode 2!)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

See the original post for more information on the project SC2 FPS MODE
210613-albums7170-picture83921.jpg

210613-albums7170-picture83923.jpg

210613-albums7170-picture83928.jpg

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
I am not sure you are looking at the problem correctly.

Firstly you can probably swap models in actor events (or does the swap model action not work?). Instead of animations to change, make two models and then use actors to change the models in response to an event (a message?). You can then send this message via trigger to swap the models. If the person is a unit you could use a periodic area search around him sending this message to all actors to turn the model into HQ for nearby objects and further away (outside nearby) to turn to Low quality.

Status
Not open for further replies.