• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Changing map tileset

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vunjo

Hosted Project: SC
Level 14
Hello. I was wandering, is it possible to change the map tileset? What I need to do, is change Lordaeron Grass, to Ashenvale Grass, but since I can't remove the Lordaeron Grass, it's not possible this way. Any ideas?

+Big Rep!

Vunjo

Level 14
HOW!!!??? xD

EDIT: Dude it's an old map. I have been working on it for a year and a half by now, I cannot make a new one and import back all things if that's what you meant.

Level 28
To change an existing tileset to another (completely), make sure "Use Custom Tileset" is unchecked, then select Ashenvale and accept. It'll switch your tilesets. Save it before you do it though, just incase it doesn't go well.

Or are you asking for something else?
Some tilesets are locked. This is because they're used in cliffs (and somehow Blizzard doesn't allow cliff tiles to be replaced).
And coincidence (not really) wills it that this guy asks for a cliff tileset to be replaced. You'd know this if you had read the thread.

Unfortunately, you will have to create a new map for this and use the tileset of your wish (ashenvale, probably).
I tried JNGP's "edit tileset" (which used to work, but it doesn't now for some reason).

Firstly, change all tilesets so you've got the set you like.
Then go to your old map, export all trigger and object data. Highlight the entire terrain (just dragging will do) and press CTRL + C.
Now go to the ashenvale map, press CTRL + V and the terrain should be... about the same (do the same for all pre-placed doodads and units.
Then import all object and trigger data.

NOTE: If the map is really large, dividing the terrain in 4-9 different sections would be a good idea.

Level 28
It does work. Once you set up your tiles, click OK and exit the map (without saving). Once you reopen the map, all your tiles will be replaced.
That's exactly the problem, the tab won't open for me :p

Vunjo said:
What exactly is JNGP's Tile set?
If you meant the advance/modify tileset then it didn't work.
Extensions -> Edit Tileset.
Normally you can add/change all tiles with it (regardless of cliffs, or the maximum tileset capacity).
It won't open for me now though.

But since garfield doesn't seem to have that problem, perhaps this is something you can try?
If it didn't work, then there aren't a lot of options left.

You can change any tile within standard WE.
As you can see on picture, just un-check "Use custom tileset" and pick default one, it will replace all your tiles and cliffs as well, you can add more tiles after and edit terrain once again.

Attachments

• Tutorial - Terrain - Tiles.jpg
    Tutorial - Terrain - Tiles.jpg
    58.5 KB · Views: 592
Level 28
You can change any tile within standard WE.
As you can see on picture, just un-check "Use custom tileset" and pick default one, it will replace all your tiles and cliffs as well, you can add more tiles after and edit terrain once again.
Aye...
since I can't remove the Lordaeron Grass, it's not possible this way. Any ideas?
Like I said, I cannot remove the regular lordaeron summer grass that way, nor add a ashenvale grass. Try it.
Some tilesets are locked. This is because they're used in cliffs (and somehow Blizzard doesn't allow cliff tiles to be replaced).
And coincidence (not really) wills it that this guy asks for a cliff tileset to be replaced. You'd know this if you had read the thread.

That isn't like you, Kobas? I already told another person in this thread the same thing I just told you (kinda).
Reading threads ftw.

Level 4
You cannot use JNPG's Tileset-Edit function if you haven't already saved your map. First save your map anywhere, then the tab will open and work properly. :thumbs_up:

~Renschi

Level 28
You cannot use JNPG's Tileset-Edit function if you haven't already saved your map. First save your map anywhere, then the tab will open and work properly. :thumbs_up:

~Renschi
Woah, brilliant! I never knew that... works like a charm :D
now all I need is a picture of where the hell is extensions->edit tileset
edittileset.jpg

So yeah, do what Renschi said: save your map, hit that button, add all tiles you wish to add and press "OK" (the map will automatically save now).
Press CTRL + W (closes the map) and re-open it, those tilesets should be available now.

Vunjo

Level 14
is that world editor ultimate or what?
And what's JASS new gen pack or whatever it's called and how to install it?

EDIT: Since I got normal WE. i don't haz that button, so what kind of WE is that?

Level 28
Status
Not open for further replies.