• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Changing Game Interference - HeLP!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
You mean the unit toolbar at the bottom? It's actually under pictures, under gameplay constants or something like that.

Level 12
Thank

Hey thanks, it works now...

Btw, this is off topic but still goes in with the forum.

If you've played the game Eternity Calls castle defense, I would expect that you all lag. And in some cases, at levels between 10-15, the creep spawning triggers over-spawned, which causes intense lag since there are limitless creeps being spawned. I don't know why this happens, however I do know that this happens after the wc3 1.20 patch. Before that I have never changed the spawning system. So can someone be so kind to help me solve this issue? the map file is unprotected btw

Level 12
Leaks

PurplePoot said:
Leaks?

Make sure youre not using

Create 1 footman at Center of <region> or anything. Make sure youre cleaning up your leaks.

Ok, so I did use the "create 1 footman at center of <region>" type. However I do not know why It's a leak? Is there another way to do this without using methods that are leak?

Thanks btw

Level 40
Well, basically a leak is when you leave an object lying around unused with no pointers, and it still sucks up memory space.

Make a variable called loc (Point-type) and do this instead

Set loc = <Point>
Create 2 Footmen at loc
Custom Script: call RemoveLocation( udg_loc )

Do this whenever you are working with point variables. Also, if you are using any Unit Groups, just add THIS to the previous line (this includes for CountUnitsInGroup)
Custom Script: set bj_wantDestroyGroup = true

Level 12
Ok so instead of having the 2 footmans to be spawned at a region, I initialize it to spawn at a point, this point will be initialized by a variable. Then after the 2 footmans are created remove the point again? And for the unit group, that custom script works before the line where unit group is being spawned at point loc? hmmm I still don't get the bj_wantDestroyGroup = true

Thanks btw

Status
Not open for further replies.