• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Changing Camera Bounds screws up the minimap

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Is there anyways to set Camera Bounds to a region without the minimap losing its relation to the actual game? Every time I try to use that or Camera - Extend/Shrink Camera Bonds the minimap offsets itself from the position of the game. Let me exemplify:

http://img24.imageshack.us/img24/8283/wc3scrnshot043012185540.jpg

As you can see in the picture, the paladin is on the rocky patch of terrain but the minimap shows him as being offset by a significant amount. Is there any way to fix this problem?

I need this because I'd like to be able for the host of the game to chose between multiple 'sub-maps'. So the map has several version for multiple player setups (like 2-4, 4-6, 6-10 players etc). I've seen this done on several maps before. Elimination Tournament, I think? So, I wanted to achieve this by dividing the map into physical sections and restricting camera access to the chosen section. I'm also open to other ways of accomplishing this, I'm thinking it might be possible with a campaign file...?

I've included map the screenshot was made on, for the sake of completeness.

Attachments

• camerabounds.w3m
    19.7 KB · Views: 45
Status
Not open for further replies.