• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Trigger] Change Terrain

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Hi,

I am building a TowerDefense Map, which should get a TowerWars Mode which is available if the Middle player is not in the game.

Theirfore I want to change the Terrain in the middle of the map.

I just got an idea how to do it, but it doesnt work like i want.

I created 2 Loops have a rect and in the second loop I look at point center of rect + A,B and change the terrain from grass to brick and from dirt to white marble (just example) then i set the buildablility for that point to off.

The Prob is I may change the look of the terrain very easily, but the builability is only locked every third quare.

Is there a way to select every point in a rect or any other way to change the buildability and change the texture of the ground, by checking the old texture for a large region?

Level 3
Pathing blockers wont help.

The problem is i just made the trigger to change the look of the terrain. That works.

Because it is a TowerDefense Map and I want to close the middle position in favour of a towerwars mode i have to make the terrain unbuildable, but it should stay pathable......

I just tried to make it unbuildable with a double loop and point offset but that we leave some green spots......

I just dont understand that coordinate system.

Status
Not open for further replies.