• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Change Race Names *in Lobby

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Hey guys, how do I change the Race names displayed in the Lobby?
For Example: when I choose Human, I want it to display "Paladin : Humans" in the lobby race choice.

Level 4
I've seen it done. I think that people use external code in their jass custom triggers to do it. I believe some swat games in wc3 have done it. if not maybe I'm insane. I know in Sc2 it is possible but i don't think i'm confusing the two.

Level 4
you may be thinking of the wc3 mpq. but thatd only edit mine. Ive heard that each map has its own mpq associated with it but I don't know anything about those.

Level 4
I also searched it before I posted, I did that already; but that didn't work. I remember reading somewhere that: Changing the race names will now show in the lobby the first time, but will show in the future lobbies assuming you don't restart warcraft 3. So I should have specified is their a way to make it always work? Thanks chobibo

Status
Not open for further replies.