• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Change main attribute

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
I recently created a hero in my map able to change his main attribute.
Or should I say, who should be able to change it.
I created 3 instances of the hero in Object editor: 1 Int, 1 Str, 1 Agi, than i created 3 Metamorphose spell than changes:
Int>>>Agi>>>>Str>>>>Int
When first tested the map it worked :D I was very pleased of it, but after 5 consecutive casted I saw that the hero had remained STR whatever happened.

I closed War3 and retested. But now it didn't work not even ONCE!!! :(((((

Any sugestions, or any help? Is there a better way to change the main attribute ( not JASS pls ).

Level 11
You don't need a Metamorphosis spell. Just create an ability and every time it's casted, check for the hero's current main attribute. If you use some IFs/THENs, you can replace your hero with the right one.

Level 2
There is no boolean for Main Attribute....However i can do something according to the unit type.
By replacing the unit, it will remove the buffs, wont it?
I didn't tried to replace heroes since now, but will it work properly? As a metamorphose will?

Level 11
Yes, you can replace everything -from doodads to heroes. As for the buffs, you can check which buffs your hero has and order a dummy to re-buff them.

Level 2
Ta da da da....
The hero keeps the level but he resets the abilities. They need to be learned again. This wouldn't have been a problem, because i could learn them back with a trigger, but the cooldown is my problem.
When i replace the unit, the cds resets. It's a very big problem....

Other idea?

Level 2
I'd like not to do this...
However, it's not a problem from my map that replace does not work properly. You can try on your own WE and you'll see that...

I could give you a reference to my spell. If you ever played DOTA, i'm sure you'll remeber it.
Morphling had as his Ultimate, Adapt that switched between main attributes.

Do you have any idea how to create something like that?

Level 11
Morphling doesn't change its main attribute! It changes its stats. Is that what you want?

Level 2
In a previous version he did changed his main attribute. 6.27 I think, or 6.33

It won't work with add-remove abilities => i lose the CDs, it's the same thing like replace.

Status
Not open for further replies.