• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[General] Change hero abilities

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 24
I wanna when you select a hero in my map under specific conditions the selected hero has differents abilities than it would normally have, I tried add abilty, but it just set it in lvl 1 and I can't learn it, my solution was create 2 different heros but, Is there a better solution?

Level 28
Give the hero the new abilities in the object editor, then disable them with triggers at the start of the map. After selecting the hero, disable the old abilities and enable the new ones.

You can bypass the ability limit a hero can have in the OE by clicking Shift + Enter at the same time.

Level 24
Give the hero the new abilities in the object editor, then disable them with triggers at the start of the map. After selecting the hero, disable the old abilities and enable the new ones.

You can bypass the ability limit a hero can have in the OE by clicking Shift + Enter at the same time.
That was my plan but the ability limit stopped me and thanks to you I know how to do it.

So I can't do anything.
You can either use chaos(though this'll change primary stat type if your target heros main stat is different then your current) or remake the system with spellbook or similar methods. I think there might be another option but I haven't remembered it yet.

Edit: You can use engineering upgrade though it might also be possible through morph-glitches. engineering upgrade is your likely best option if you don't want to remake the hero ability system unless you know how to keep the stats at 0 right before the change method and add them back after.

Level 24
You can either use chaos(though this'll change primary stat type if your target heros main stat is different then your current) or remake the system with spellbook or similar methods. I think there might be another option but I haven't remembered it yet.

Edit: You can use engineering upgrade though it might also be possible through morph-glitches. engineering upgrade is your likely best option if you don't want to remake the hero ability system unless you know how to keep the stats at 0 right before the change method and add them back after.
The engineering upgrade can be, but I don't wanna show the icon and I'm in the 1.26

Edit: I tried to use the disable spellbook trick, but the icon don't desapear, I had this problem before.
Why Disable ability for player doesn't work?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.