• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Change exp given by Tome of Experience

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
This question has been satisfactorily answered, topic can be closed.

Hi there!

I'm a total noob, and im trying to make my first map for wc3, and I'm trying to edit a "Tome of Experience" item, so it will instantly level up my Hero to next level.

I don't know anything about the editor, just some tutorials that I read, and what I teach myself with trying and failing till I get what I want (Actually I'm doing pretty good, Trigger and Object editor aren't that complicated if you DO try hard...hard and even harder :p )

So, anyways, is there anyway to :
*Change the 150exp that it gives to a value that I want
or
*Make the hero who picks item rise one level
?

Help will be apreciated.

EDIT:
If both cases are impossible to do, then I thought about changing the exp that the hero needs to rise level:
Lvl1 to Lvl2 (0+150) = 150exp needed
_instead of (0/200)
Lvl2 to Lvl3 (150+150) = 300exp needed
_instead of (200/500
Lvl3 to Lvl4 (300+150) = 450exp needed
_instead of (500/900)

So just with the 150 exp from the tome it would work.

Last edited:
Level 5
You could do that.

Or you could do it the easy way, and use the standard ''Tome of Power'' item, which levels up your hero. ;P

If you still want to change the amount of exp a Tome gives, you need to edit its ability; ''Item Experience Gain''.

Ok, so I would have to change the ability the item uses.

Oh, tome of power, I completly missed that item, as it ain't placed as "powerup", but in Artifacts.

Thank you both!

Solved, can be closed now.

Level 7
Well... About the experience points needed for Hero to Level, I think this can help
Open Advanced -> Gameplay Constants and scroll down down down.... until you see these lines:
Hero XP required - Constant factor: 0.00 [X]
Hero XP required - Level factor: 100.00 [Y]
Hero Xp required - Previous Value factor: 1.00 [Z]
Hero XP required - Table factor: 200 [T]

These numbers above decide how much XP your Heroes need to reach the next level, with this fomula:
[Number of XP needed for current level] x [Z] + [Next Level] x [Y] + [X]
<<XP needed to level your Heroes from 1 to 2 is equal to [T]; the fomula above is not applied.>>
For example, with the numbers above (Standard setting)
Level 1 needs 200 total XP to reach level 2.
Level 2 needs 500 total Xp (needs 300 more) to reach level 3.
And so on...

So, if you want the numbers like you've said (150/300/450/...), means just 150 xp needed, just set [X] to 150, [Y] to 0, [Z] to 1 and [T] to 150

Goodluck :)

Status
Not open for further replies.