• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Chain Storm Bolt

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Hey how to make a Chain Storm Bolt.
I have tryed making a Chain Lightning that stuns it targets, but i can only get the first target to get stunned to the rest of em. someone knows how to do this then plz help me. maybe hint with triggers or Jass im beginning to look a bit on it but not so good. I Jass is it there posible to say target and then second target and then third target and so on...

PLZ help me!!!

Level 12
Chain Spells are not for beginners. They are really hard to get working correct adn they should always be made with JASS to prevent memory leaks. I recommend you to use Vexorian's Chain Template. With it you can get what ever spell effect you want on all the targets.

Level 11
Level 4
Hey thx for the link...
But i have already tryed with Jass it dident work so good :D
I dident understand it well but im not very good to english so maybe there is something i missunderstand then :D But i realy hope i learn to use sometime...
Its very cool.. But i have heard that you can almost make the same things with Triggers as with Jass...
But i dont know....

Level 11
Actually, the main difference between GUI and JASS is Multiinstanceability, through local variables. Local variables can be used at the same time by more than one execution of the function, while globals are not that flexible. Through this, results the whole difference and possibilities.

Moreover, since it is pure text, JASS can be easier manipulated, but you can mistake much easier too. And mroeover, some functions are available only in JASS, such as the RemoveLocation function. Unfortunately for GUI programmers. But mostly, GUI and JASS have the same possibilities. But JASS has way greater potential.

~Daelin

Level 4
I have made the Chain Effect my self now 8)
Now i have made a Storm Bolt to a Chain Spell without Jass and Without the Template i just got Problem with Invoulnerable units

Where to find something like this
Matching Unit not equal to Invoulnerable

i have looked but i can find plz help :cry:

Level 12
It is possible with triggers. If you have Leopard's old version of "Chain Venom" you see how it works. Unfortinantly you can only download the his updated JASS version now more. But I think i leaks very much if used just with triggers. To prevent memory leaks you should always simulate "Pick units" functions with JASS. Can be difficult for beginners though.

Level 4
THX...
When you get WE will you then look for it...
Exept i submit that i have found it...
It's pissing me off..
Its pretty lame when chain if it sudently try to attack invoulnerable :eek:
Then the attack just will stop so it will be lame :D

Is there something wrong when i can find Invoulnerable at Item, Destructble.
I can find it on every thing exept Units???
Do you think its a Error so it will maybe help to Reinstall

Level 13
Dark_Demon_DK said:
When you get WE will you then look for it...
I mean, i'm not at my town right now, so my pc is not here :wink:

Dark_Demon_DK said:
Is there something wrong when i can find Invoulnerable at Item, Destructble.
I can find it on every thing exept Units???
Do you think its a Error so it will maybe help to Reinstall

No, i think its not an error. Hope anybody will tell you where you can find it.

Status
Not open for further replies.