• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Center attack animation on ground

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a unit whose attack type is set to Instant, and the projectile art is the little green column thing from the Animate Dead spell. Right now though, even after setting Projectile Impact - Z to 0, the green column still gets attached to its target's head, which looks pretty goofy. Is there any way to center the animation on the ground under the unit instead?

Level 14
Does it happen with all instant missiles?
If not, it is probably a problem with the Animate dead missile
Projectile impact stats has no effect on Instant attacks, origin attachment point does.
Personally, i stopped using Instant attacks as a lot of models do not have the attachment point, if i need it, i use a missile with 10000 missile speed
Edit: Try this edited model and see if it works as intended

Attachments

• AnimateDeadTarget.mdx
    13.4 KB · Views: 21
Last edited:
Level 12
I have a unit whose attack type is set to Instant, and the projectile art is the little green column thing from the Animate Dead spell. Right now though, even after setting Projectile Impact - Z to 0, the green column still gets attached to its target's head, which looks pretty goofy. Is there any way to center the animation on the ground under the unit instead?
You could perhaps remove the art from the attack and then add a passive ability like an orb effect and set the "Art - Target Attachment Point" to "origin", that would make the effect appear at the same location as auras do.

Or actually, isn't this exactly what the ability "lightning attack" that chimera and thunder lizards have is used for?

Though obviously you'd get rid of the lightning effect.

Does it happen with all instant missiles?
If not, it is probably a problem with the Animate dead missile
Projectile impact stats has no effect on Instant attacks, origin attachment point does.
Personally, i stopped using Instant attacks as a lot of models do not have the attachment point, if i need it, i use a missile with 10000 missile speed
Edit: Try this edited model and see if it works as intended
Works great!

You could perhaps remove the art from the attack and then add a passive ability like an orb effect and set the "Art - Target Attachment Point" to "origin", that would make the effect appear at the same location as auras do.

Or actually, isn't this exactly what the ability "lightning attack" that chimera and thunder lizards have is used for?

Though obviously you'd get rid of the lightning effect.
Might try this too for buildings though, still looks a little wonky on those

Status
Not open for further replies.