• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Cave of Lava

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 15
I like it. It looks VERY good in my opinion. Although my peers probably won't agree with me because of the spikes on the bottom, but I think it gives it a nice volcanicy feel. Keep up the good work!

Level 36
HT I would agree with most of that except the dungeon fog red bit. I think he should probably use doodads (i.e. smoke smudges or red-tinted glow doodads) and maybe even some brown for brimstone and then it would look awesome. I also think there should be some light coming from the tunnel at the top (assuming it's the entrance or exit or something), it would add a nice cinematic effect.

Level 24
Hehe I honestly thought that this would have been a little less liked picture, but I was wrong i guess.... Well anyways gonna try that orange fog and the red ground fog thingy now

EDIT: Didn't really work out too well

Last edited:
Level 24
I really like it, kind of Blizzard'ish terrain, but with more on it.
The only thing i dont like is the noise on the terrain, try put a fitting rock up on them and make the rock melt togheter with the terrain spike.
Then it wont look so spiky.
A few upside down stalagmites (or however u spell it) under the rock cave would make it looks slightly nicer and more variated under the cave.

Level 7
Very cool, reminds me of the terrain I did of the same theme. Why is the top so square, though? It looks very block-ish. Also, try throwing some light models on the fire.

Status
Not open for further replies.