• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Causes for a Plague

Status
Not open for further replies.
For my RPG, I'm thinking of the source of a plague that is ravaging the kingdoms. So far, I have some ideas but I wanted more input on it. My ideas so far are:

Curse (Of Course)
Magical Waste (This is pretty much a direct rip-off from Blades of Avernum, so I would like to avoid it)
Meteor/Cosmic Event

And that's where I have run dry. Any suggestions would help tremendously, and rep will be given.

Level 12
Rituals are always a fun way to apply ideas, and can add an extra mission sort of thing.

Like a certain group of cultists believe that by sacrificing XXXX, they will reach divinity, but instead unleash a plague of undeath(or whatever your plague does).

You could take a Gears of War aproach and say that the infected have been around underground for abit, and have only recently emerged.

It's hard to think about a plague source and run from cliches at the same time.

Maybe a new (unknown before) civilization emerged from the underground/sea and they are pretty nasty, bringing disease and war to the land.

Or maybe a guy is a very unpleasant one so the gods cast a curse upon him. He will carry the deadliest of all plagues and yet will not die, just will wander alone, causing fear to whoever he gets near. So he finds a way to pass his disease to other creatures and he hunts vectors for his curse, including humans, training them to do the same, in order to make others feel what he does.

I tried. x(

Level 18
One day a very rich amd respected archmage took an expedition to the northen continent,there he met a deamon who told him to create a plague that will weaken the human-elven-dwarven kingdoms so that the deamon can summon his masters to destroy the world,in return the archmage will be reborn into a litch with great power that will rule what's left of the world.
TEH ENDZ

Deleted member 177737

D

Deleted member 177737

An ancient crypt is un-covered and a plague that has been stuck in it for a long time has been released upon opening?

Level 9
You could go with a fear that a lot of people these days have.

Have maybe a group of elite alchemists who were assigned to help discover a cure for a virus that was striking a large kingdoms animals which the kingdom relies on for food, trade, and transportation. These alchemists begin work on finding a cure. They test it out on an animal and it seems that the animal is cured. They then mass distribute it through the rest of the animal population but as the animals are slaughtered and put out to the community as food the people begin becoming sick. This meat is soon passed to other communities through trading and other areas are soon infected. The disease however doesn't show signs until a week or so and by this time the meat has been eaten by most of the kingdom.

You could then go with having the alchemists,

killed for their misjudgment,

or

they could have been a group of alchemists who had this planned from the start and then become a sort of "cult" or clan that then try taking over the weak kingdom with a legion of followers.

You can however twist this idea many ways so it fits the rpg.

Level 6
a long time ago, a demon bringing a mysterios plague, destroy many living creature who passed by him, not exept human. all brave knight, alcemist, and mage tried to kill the demon, but they cant. they only can trapped him to a cave.
Now the cave just only a cliff. the demon story was untold, and new generation of human made a castle on the above of cave.
when the human digging for gold, they found the demon, dead by time. but the plague released from the body and devastating once more..

sorry for grammatical/english error

Level 19
How about a simple rat. Nothing big, just a simple, insignificant rat that unwittingly starts a time of pain and suffering. The player could investigate biig things such as the ones you already have, only to find that it was just.. a rat.

Level 3
Let's combine all of it!

The city of _______ sends a group of explorers, cartographers, and alchemists on a quest to find a set of relics once used by _______ to defeat the demons of the nether. After years of waiting, the explorers returned in shambles, barely alive but with an expedition that proved fruitful. Believing they contracted some feral disease along the way, the humans do their best to hospitalize the men. The grand (blah, something; archduke, paladin, archmage) ___________ realizes what had really happened. The relics being used to the slay the demons, he concluded that the artifacts themselves had developed a hazardous and evil presence that induced disease, atrophy, hysteria, and eventually; Death! Quickly retrieving the relics, the Arch-whatever quickly spreads the evil influence of the relics and causes the nation to become engulfed in disease, famine, and chaos.

As the kingdom grows weaker by the day, the plague of the relics is only a precursor(harbinger?) to what will truly become of the world... The return of the demons!

A bit corny but I hope you think it's okay :p.

[ocool. Now I feel like crap for necromancing a necromance.]

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.